Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 15 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15 >
Topic Options
#62308 - 06/21/02 02:41 PM Re: World Cup!
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
MM: The Spain match will be at 2:30 AM ET tonight. My alarm is already set for 2:20.

#62309 - 06/21/02 03:20 PM Re: World Cup!
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Don't despair that match could have easily gone to either side, and there was a particular penalty not called. Of course, this happened in the Mexico-EEUU match also, it's common as fútbol refereeing is hard - you can't see everything.

Tomorrow, 8.30... rush hour will start late je je.

#62310 - 06/21/02 03:48 PM Re: World Cup!
LostInMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
The U.S. really kicked ass. I'm sorry we didn't win, but everyone is saying how great we played, which is the minimum I wanted (winning the cup being the most ;-) . I'm so happy it wasn't a 4-0 blowout or anything like that. Even the Marca said that the U.S. left the field with "heads held very high." Cool. A little respect is nice.

Nevado, who's your husband? It must be great to be in Korea right now with the cup. Be thankful you're not in Japan. 1) They lost and 2) The Japanese refuse to broadcast any games from Korea, so if you're in Japan you have no idea how half the tournament is going.

-Russ

#62311 - 06/21/02 09:48 PM Re: World Cup!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks for the Eastern USA start time, caminante! I've decided to go to bed NOW (at nearly 10pm Eastern USA time) and wake up at 2:20am too! Can't wait!!! GO SPAIN!!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#62312 - 06/21/02 10:30 PM Re: World Cup!
nevado Offline

LostInMadrid, you know, I was wondering what Japan was doing about that. Can you imagine, they just won't quit, will they. At least Korea made it this far, more than Japan. They will just have to settle because Spain is going to put an end to the nonsense this afternoon.
Yes, I'm very thankful Spain ws chosen for Korea. We most likely wouldn't have gotten the chance to see any matches if they had been in Japan.

#62313 - 06/21/02 10:34 PM Re: World Cup!
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
WOW! Just finished watching the spanish-language replay of USA-Germany from this morning. What a shame, USA played so well. Can't say they we're the better team, though, Germany did what it had to to win (Oliver Khan has to be the best keeper in the world!). What was really gratifying was the obvious respect shown between the teams afterwards. Two elite sides congratulating each other after a well-played match. Even though the stakes and emotions were high, there was no chippy cheap-shots or animosity during the match. Hats-off to Germany for a deserved win!

Can't wait for '06 cup in Germany. Landon Donovan will be 24 and a vet of the Bundesliga (he's under contract to Bayer Leverkusen, on loan to San Jose of MLS). Demarcus Beasley (who shoulda played today- his speed may have made the difference) is only 20 as well. things are looking good for USA soccer (oops- I mean Futbol!).

Now- only 4 hours to go- Viva Espana!! Time to show those newcomers form Korea what real Copa Mundial Futbol is all about!!

GO SPAIN!!!!! laugh

#62314 - 06/21/02 11:49 PM Re: World Cup!
nevado Offline

Okay, things are getting crazy here and I'm afraid to hit the streets with my Spanish flag and shirt. The tele has started their coverage and Korea is getting pumped up! Less than three hours to go! I'm sure the soju is pouring freely!

Kurt, I'll be there for '06, can't believe we have to wait so long!

#62315 - 06/22/02 02:14 AM Re: World Cup!
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
BUENA SUERTE ESPAÑA!!!!!!

VAMOS A GANAR!!!!

#62316 - 06/22/02 04:45 AM Re: World Cup!
nevado Offline

que nervios!

#62317 - 06/22/02 05:14 AM Re: World Cup!
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP

FIFA needs to hire referees who are impartial, Spain should have won that game. I have never seen such a ridiculous call.

Page 9 of 15 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments