Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15 >
Topic Options
#62298 - 06/20/02 07:42 AM Re: World Cup!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
They sound like Sevilla fans then, nevado! wink

Come on, ladies and gentlemen!! I've not been around for a while, but had to get involved in this thread! eek

We gave you football.... now sit back and watch as we show the rest of the world tomorrow how it's done..... The Argentinian squad frown will be watching from Buenas Aires, tears dripping into their humble pie... shame!!

Don't forget,see the 2002 World Cup winners (us v Spain in final, I'm very much afraid) at 08.30 Spanish time tomorrow, in action giving Brazil a lesson in how to play the beautiful game!! laugh

COME ON ING ER LUND....!!!!!!!! laugh laugh laugh

#62299 - 06/20/02 02:53 PM Re: World Cup!
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
I see that the Italian futbol team that Ahn of Korea played for, has cut ties with him. They don't want him coming back. They say they considered it before he beat them with his goal, but now it's in the best interests of their nation. It's just plain nationalism at play. Ahn beat them so they don't want him playing in Italy... it's that simple. I guess it's a message to "any players" from around the world, that beating the Italians in futbol means you can't play there anymore. rolleyes

Talk about a bunch of weasels. They'd even try to influence future matches. I hope the Italians never win another game, and players from other nations boycott the Italian leagues. Let them play for pasta dinners amongst themselves. Talk about poor sportsmanship, sheesh! It's amazing how political the World Cup really is. I hope the Italians get a steady dose of Korean officials during the next World Cup. That should really make their pasta boil over... laugh

Wolf

#62300 - 06/21/02 05:40 AM Re: World Cup!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
HEY GAUCHO!!.... YES; YOU IN ARGENTINA!! ..... Er, pass the humble pie, will you...... frown frown frown

WAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Boo hoo!!...Sniff, come on USA!.... ¡hala españa!.... frown

#62301 - 06/21/02 06:31 AM Re: World Cup!
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Oh boy, what a miserable start to the day. England out, after going 1-0 up. Hands up though, we were beaten by a better team. I think Owen's goal was the one and only strike on goal we had in the whole game. So much for the weak Brasilian defence! I don't see how they can be beaten now, they're just the best team in it, simple as that.

#62302 - 06/21/02 07:40 AM Re: World Cup!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I'm sorry for UK... but think that losing against Brazil is not a shame. It is a great team.

I'm now watching US-Germany smile

Fernando

#62303 - 06/21/02 09:44 AM Re: World Cup!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Germany beat the US 1-0 frown Now we can all yell for Spain without qualms - Viva Espana!!!!

#62304 - 06/21/02 10:47 AM Re: World Cup!
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
The US played great, but the goals didn't come. Man, some were sure close. And that ball off the defender's arm by the post was as closs to a goal as they come. We were the better team for much of the game. Watch out world in 2006!!! Hats off to the US Team!!!

Now let's cheer for Spain to take out S Korea and Germany!!!!!!

#62305 - 06/21/02 12:31 PM Re: World Cup!
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
The US have impressed everyone, I thought they deserved at least to get to the Golden Goal against Germany. I wish England had shown that degree of passion and commitment against Brasil this morning...waaahhh! frown

#62306 - 06/21/02 12:49 PM Re: World Cup!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
It was a happy disappointment seeing USA lose to Germany this morning. That is to say, I was happy to see the USA make such impressive effort, gain so much respect & surprise, and to do so well. It was a disappointment to see them lose.

I "watched" via the Yahoo Official World Cup site through the "Matchcast", giving text play-by-play since I was at work and the darn game wasn't broadcast on regular radio.

And as puna said, "Now we can all yell for Spain without qualms - Viva Espana!!!!" So let's all cheer for Spain! That is, of course, unless "your" nation's (whomever) team is still alive in these final rounds.

And when is the Spain Game broadcast in Spain? And when in the USA? I thought I saw it was being shown at about 1:30 a.m. East Coast USA time, no?

Have a GREAT weekend, everyone! Let's hope we can spend it in the afterglow of another SPAIN WIN!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#62307 - 06/21/02 01:30 PM Re: World Cup!
nevado Offline

Was anyone listening to Marca radio about an hour or two ago? My husband was interviewed on live radio. Just curious. It happened so fast we couldn't let anyone know so they could listen. smile

Looks like we're going to try the last attempt to get some tickets for today's match, call the federación and try and pull some strings. If we have to watch it in the pueblo, I'm afraid I'll take out some of the Koreans and they'll throw me in jail. It's really a question of national security that I go to the match!!!!

Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments