Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 >
Topic Options
#62248 - 06/05/02 11:07 AM Re: World Cup!
Cooter Offline

Loc: Boston, MA USA
MM:

This was a HUGE win for the US team. Portugal has the FIFA player of the year (Luis Figo, who plays for Real Madrid), advanced to the quarterfinals of Euro 2000, and is currently FIFA ranked 5th in the world. Portugal also scored more goals than any other European team in the qualifiers for the world cup. This is the first time the US has beaten such a world class opponent since England in 1950, and is the greatest moment in US soccer since we beat Colombia in '94. Go USA!!!!

Next game is June 10 against South Korea. It should be great, as the Koreans put up a great performance against Poland.

And, remember, Friday is Spain against Paraguay. 5 AM Eastern time. España TU-TU-TU!!!

#62249 - 06/05/02 05:49 PM Re: World Cup!
nevado Offline

Caminante, I'm not sure if I was at the correct match or not? I bought tickets to see Portugal vs. U.S. but Portugal never showed up???? Oh well, it was an awesome match anyway and the atmoshphere was supurb. That first goal straight away really got things pumped up.
We're thinking of heading down to see Spain on Friday, not sure if I can wait until Wednesday!!!

#62250 - 06/05/02 07:35 PM Re: World Cup!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Portugal is a great team smile This makes more valuable the US victory. Hope they make to the next stage laugh

Fernando

#62251 - 06/06/02 06:32 AM Re: World Cup!
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Geez Louise!

The US upsets Portugal in the world cup? Next thing you know Miami will be seeking to host the winter olympics games - rolleyes When you throw a ball at an American kid they catch it with their hands, they don't kick it, or bounce it off their heads! The only American who I can recall doing that was Jose Canseco when a baseball he was trying to catch conked him on the head and went over the wall for a home run!!! eek Needless to say, Jose has spent years trying to live that one down, and the last few trying to find enough room to bend over and tie his shoes since he has gotten a "bit rotund."

Next thing you know Calibasco will be seen running down the field for the US futbol team on a break-away, and out of the corner of our eye we'll see the dreaded Anchovy plodding towards him intent on cutting him off from the goal line, for the Engish side! laugh Just the collision, and choice words, will be enough for me to pay the price of admission - wink

Wolf (Who's sports playing days are over, fortunately - :p )

#62252 - 06/06/02 06:09 PM Re: World Cup!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
No Wolf, next thing you know Cooter :p will be repeating EVERYTHING I've posted in ALL of my posts. Imagine the ramifications of that happening! Now double the board members will be doubly-bored with double the nonsense!!! I can't take it...I'm going to run off and join the US Football...er...Soccer team!

P.S. Cooter: It's nice to know my facts are straight..."out of the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established."

#62253 - 06/06/02 07:31 PM Re: World Cup!
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Cooter,

I think Calibasco said that. If it keeps up he'll probably run off and join the US football....er... soccer team!

I'd imagine he'd be glad that his facts are confirmed by several witnesses though ---- laugh

Wolf

[ 06-06-2002, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: CaliBasco ]

#62254 - 06/07/02 06:46 AM Re: World Cup!
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Children behave. Presently here in Barcelona the streets are quiet as España sends Chilavert and his mouth on the first plane back to Asunción. Ciao ciao.

#62255 - 06/07/02 09:21 AM Re: World Cup!
Espe3 Offline

Ole!!!!!!!!! Espana!!!!!!!! smile
(on the way to bring the cup home! smile )

#62256 - 06/07/02 10:08 AM Re: World Cup!
Miguelito Offline

España is already on the next round (3-1 to Paraguay) smile

#62257 - 06/07/02 11:05 AM Re: World Cup!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Spain 3: Paraguay 1. I enjoyed the Paraguayo goalie spouting off before the game with "I'm gonna score two on Iker (Casillas)". Whatever...just like in '98, Spain is doing its best to eliminate Paraguay. What a great start for Spain...two games and six goals!!! ¡Aupa España!

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments