Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 15 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15 >
Topic Options
#62278 - 06/15/02 10:50 PM Re: World Cup!
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
Despite Friday's debacle, this is still the best the USA has ever done in the World Cup. The win over Portugal was one of the biggest in the history of US Soccer. We will recover and hopefully manage a win early early Monday (US-Mexico on at 2:20 AM ET on Sunday night / Monday morning). We've beaten Mexico before and we can do it again. !!!U-S-A!!! !!!Es-pa-na!!! Watch Spain - Ireland tomorrow at 7:30 AM ET.

#62279 - 06/16/02 07:30 AM Re: World Cup!
jaimemiguel Offline

Loc: columbus, ohio USA
Today, June 16
Spain vs. Ireland 1:30 PM ET ABC

#62280 - 06/16/02 10:31 AM Re: World Cup!
LostInMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
What a game. I'm still recovering. Go Spain!

I hate to see what I'm going to be like tomorrow when the U.S. plays. Probably not the same. Low expectations is better with the U.S. team. ;-)

I wonder if there'll be riots in LA if the U.S. wins?

-Russ

#62281 - 06/16/02 12:05 PM Re: World Cup!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

I still hear my heart beating!!!!!!!!

I said that Ireland was a good team, but Spain has played very very bad. At last the luck was with us and we won on the penalties...

Let's see what we can do against Korea or Italy, I hope we play better or we will be ended...

Fernando

#62282 - 06/16/02 02:33 PM Re: World Cup!
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Si... casi tenía un infarto! I wonder how many strokes and heart attacks there were in Spain!

update on monday: Nobody breathe, EEUU is ahead 2-0... almost in the quarterfinals!

#62283 - 06/17/02 04:43 AM Re: World Cup!
Mama Chula Offline

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Oh Yesssss!! You can all breathe now. It's official, USA beat Mexico 2-0. Quarterfinals here we come!!! smile
It's 1:46 AM in California and I'm going to sleep a happy woman!
Saludos a todos,

Mama Chula
"Soccer Mom Extraordinaire"

#62284 - 06/17/02 07:31 AM Re: World Cup!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

I keep saying... it is incredible how USA has build a true soccer team since the last two World Cups...

Go on! I can see it... the final between USA and Spain wink

Fernando

#62285 - 06/17/02 07:35 AM Re: World Cup!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Ooooooooohh.... imagine that!! I would be terribly conflicted if it came to that. But I guess I couldn't lose! hehhehe... Still, I hope Spain wins.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#62286 - 06/17/02 08:52 AM Re: World Cup!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

MM, I would also prefer any other team than USA. I didn't like to play with Ireland either...

As I have seen, USA and Spain would play on the semifinals, if Spain wins Korea/Italy and USA wins Germany.

We will see if that happens wink Until that, go on USA and go on Spain!

Fernando

#62287 - 06/17/02 12:11 PM Re: World Cup!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I wanted to update you on the state of Los Angeles at present: The following neighborhoods are currently engulfed in flames: La Puente, East Los Angeles and the area around Slauson and Figueroa downtown. These neighborhoods have had martial law decreed: Pomona, Ontario and Santa Ana.

After riding around all weekend seeing nothing but Mexican flags on cars (those window flags that flap and fray), I have yet to see a single bandera today. Way to go USA!! BTW: Donovan is from SoCal...d'you think he wanted to win this??? To me, this win is bigger than Portugal since it's pretty much unprecedented in the US experience in World Cup play (so we went this far in 1930...Senegal wasn't even a country then, and neither was South Korea). Remember, too, that we beat Alemania in '99, 2-0, and about half of the players on both sides were in that game...¡Lo podemos hacer!

Gora USA!!!

Page 6 of 15 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments