Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6226 - 11/17/03 11:35 AM Madrid: where to stay - Adriano, Lopez or the Monaco?
Macario Offline

Ok so madridman likes the Lopez and mongo likes the Adriano . Anyone else have any opinions? Basically I want to stay somewhere that feels more like a hotel but for only 50 - 60 euro a night. Has anyone stayed at confused the Monaco?

#6227 - 11/17/03 01:16 PM Re: Madrid: where to stay - Adriano, Lopez or the Monaco?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Finding a real hotel for 50-60€ will be tough. Really tough. The ONLY one that comes to my mind is the Hotel Plaza Mayor , which has been well-reviewed here, but I think a double there is about 64€. I suppose a single would be cheaper. Are you looking for a single or double?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6228 - 11/17/03 03:54 PM Re: Madrid: where to stay - Adriano, Lopez or the Monaco?
Macario Offline

I'm looking for a double and I think the Adriano has won if only because of Alberto's friendly and honest email replies and his english seems pretty good too. Thanks all for your informative reviews

salute!

#6229 - 11/17/03 09:40 PM Re: Madrid: where to stay - Adriano, Lopez or the Monaco?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Alberto's the best! Good choice.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6230 - 11/18/03 01:33 AM Re: Madrid: where to stay - Adriano, Lopez or the Monaco?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Not to be excessive, but after 30 years and over 300 nights of traveling Europe, I have come to learn that my friend Alberto from Hostal Adriano is the most honest, helpful and selfless hotel manager I have met. He truly understands the relationship between a traveler and a hotel, knowing that helping a potential customer through their doubts will mean making a true friend.

The same goes for the rest of the staff at the Adriano.

#6231 - 11/18/03 08:04 AM Re: Madrid: where to stay - Adriano, Lopez or the Monaco?
Macario Offline

thanks mongo (or is that Alberto?). You sound like a shareholder but I've taken your recommendation. I'm going on the 4-8 December, which for anyone else's information is a long weekend so best book somewhere quick. Ill post my thoughs on returning. Thanks again.

#6232 - 11/19/03 12:43 AM Re: Madrid: where to stay - Adriano, Lopez or the Monaco?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Sorry, I guess I get a bit carried away with The Adriano!

#6233 - 11/20/03 06:39 PM Re: Madrid: where to stay - Adriano, Lopez or the Monaco?
Mily Offline

Loc: Chihuahua, Chih. México
Does it have elevator? or do you have to climb stairs to the 4th floor? confused
The rooms seem very nice but stairs are very difficult for me rolleyes .
Thanks

#6234 - 11/20/03 06:50 PM Re: Madrid: where to stay - Adriano, Lopez or the Monaco?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

No elevator, one of few disadvantages.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments