Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#62021 - 05/23/02 01:06 PM why is the spanish sky so blue?
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

this may sound like a stupid rather scientific like question,but since it is spain related why not right. :p smile there is an exception to this because while in madrid and alcala de henares the sunny sky did look quite amazingly blue to what im used to here in new york.in the northern provinces of spain on the rare ALL sunny days i never really saw this phenomenom.does anybody have any suggestions on why the spanish sky is so blue and why is never is in new york. oh and i heard madrid is more polluted these days but i still see this phenomenom.any ideas?

#62022 - 05/24/02 03:30 AM Re: why is the spanish sky so blue?
v diaz Offline

Loc: madrid
because of altitude over sea level? (around 600m)

#62023 - 05/24/02 10:54 AM Re: why is the spanish sky so blue?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
I have noticed that the Spanish sky seems bluer and also larger. That latter phenomenon may have to do with the altitude of the "meseta." I don't know, but LOVE looking at the Spanish sky. I also notice that you can see weather patterns more clearly--along with lines of clouds and storms, frequent rainbows, etc.

#62024 - 06/23/02 05:15 AM Re: why is the spanish sky so blue?
Chrissiij Offline

Loc: London, UK
it could be something to do with the level of pollution? or maybe not............
I guess Spain is just blessed.......good culture, good food, nice people, a good football team........

#62025 - 07/29/02 03:17 PM Re: why is the spanish sky so blue?
Habanera Offline

Loc: islamorada, Florida
Spain has everything good that Mother Nature could offer, haven't you also noticed what an incredibly beautiful hues of emerald and indigo the Upper Mediterranean coast of Spain has? I am talking like Tarragona, Costa Brava?Man, this Spain is pure gold!

#62026 - 08/02/02 04:21 PM Re: why is the spanish sky so blue?
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

sorry about not being here lately,i just had a bad computer problem(thank god its fixed,i really missed writing and visiting on this site).anyhoo,
guys youre all right about spain being somewhat on everlasting blessing in about practically everything(well isnt spain perfect?)oh and i also want to give everybody who gave me this EXTRA imformation on my question on those velasquez style spanish skies while i was absent. cool smile :p laugh

#62027 - 08/02/02 10:59 PM Re: why is the spanish sky so blue?
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
This is a really late post, but My thoughts on the blue sky is this: I spent a few days in madrid, particularly alcala de henares and I noticed the supermegahiperblue sky also. The air seemed really crisp, I live in southern california and have to side with chrissiij, I think it's because of the pollution here in so cal and in NY. I also think it has to do with that awesome feeling you get just being in Spain. I feel the same way about the canary islands every time I go there, it just feels good, air is is fresher, , sky is bluer, people are friendlier, the sun goes down later, the food tastes better. Are you with me?

#62028 - 08/03/02 07:07 AM Re: why is the spanish sky so blue?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
mencey

Alcala has THE best sky, I have to agree. Looks even better with a thingueno in the foreground too. wink

Jo

#62029 - 08/03/02 04:38 PM Re: why is the spanish sky so blue?
Anonymous
Unregistered

El arco iris in Madrid is also very beatiful. wink

#62030 - 08/22/02 10:24 PM Re: why is the spanish sky so blue?
Fori Turolii Offline

Loc: Teruel - Aragón - España
Everybody talks about Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, Galicia... the coast ...but almost no more. I'm from a small city in Aragon, Teruel, over 930 over level sea. If you see our sky here in a sunny day, I think you'll be surprised, and particularly in winter. It's a really cold city in that season, but has many monuments and great places to visit in the city and in its province.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments