Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#61728 - 03/20/02 10:58 AM Lovely and crazy Madrid
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
I just came back from Madrid. I usually go twice a year to visit my parents, and every time I go I see change.

This time it was the euro ("eleuro" as my grandfather says laugh ) I think the bills and coins are cute. People is getting use to it, at least my family. But I have the feeling that everything is more expensive. I went to Zara and the prices were way to high mad ! I went food shopping with my mom and she spent a lot of money and didn't buy that much… but everything was SOOOOOOOOOOO good (I miss my mommy's meals frown )
I think people is more in a rush than they used to… but again, I'm living now in the middle of corn fields so maybe it was just as crazy when I lived there but I was used to it. Traffic was chaotic!

I was lucky enough to see Rayo Vallecano kicking Valencia's behind… wink I was there, in the stadium, and it was the first time I went to a "futbol" match… it was so exciting…specially when my neighborhood team was so great!

I went to a flamenco performance with my husband. He wanted to see one, I wasn't very sure because flamenco is not my favorite thing in the world, but it was very nice too…

People were great and ask me how "we" were doing after September 11th, they told me how horrible it was seeing those scenes from there and not being able to do anything…

The biggest news now is the woman who is going to be stoned (is this correct? I think you use stoned for drugs… what I mean is that they will throw stones at her until she dies) in Africa and they are trying to stop it. I didn't get all the info, but as soon as I can I'll go online to take a look to the newspaper. Another BIG thing was Operacion Triunfo and the "scandal" of the Misses.

It was fun, I miss my lovely and crazy Madrid….

Nuria

#61729 - 03/20/02 12:09 PM Re: Lovely and crazy Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Welcome back "home", Nuria. I'm sure you missed Madrid as much as we miss you here. It's been a long time. Most of the crazies have left so hopefully we'll have you back here again. Take care and glad to hear you were able to get some good food cooked from your own mother for a change. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#61730 - 03/21/02 12:30 AM Re: Lovely and crazy Madrid
sabalagirl Offline

Loc: Utah
Naria and Others,
Where did you see the flamenco dancers? Some one told me the dancers that you see advertised in the flyers in the hotels were not very good. This is something some people we are going with want to do. I would like to go to good dancers if possible. I saw some that started very late (like 10:30. Yes, this is late to some). Any help would be appreciated.
sabalagirl

#61731 - 03/21/02 06:09 AM Re: Lovely and crazy Madrid
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Nuria writes:
Quote:
I think people is more in a rush than they used to… but again, I'm living now in the middle of corn fields so maybe it was just as crazy when I lived there but I was used to it. Traffic was chaotic!
You must be in south Jersey to be in the middle of cornfields. Yes, traffic is chaotic! But I don't think it's because people are more in a rush. I think it's because there are more people and more cars and people tend to underestimate the time it takes to get from point-A to point-B. rolleyes
When I lived there, there was no M-30 or M-40. Roadways are improved. Parking garages have been constructed. Traffic Engineering still leaves a bit to be desired. So, for the most part, I rely on Public Transportation when I'm in Madrid. If we are 'at the mercy of' relatives, we have to go with them, mostly in their cars. But I haven't been in one that was involved in a traffic acccident. cool

#61732 - 03/21/02 08:51 AM Re: Lovely and crazy Madrid
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Sabala girl, I went to Casa Patas. Good place but too expensive, and there is no much space between your table and your neighbor's table. I had a german next to me and he had his leg almost under my table mad Ah! and they say NO PICTURES or CAMARAS, but there are people who take pictures anyway... very rude!

Yes, I live in New Jersey, lovely place! laugh

#61733 - 03/21/02 09:19 AM Re: Lovely and crazy Madrid
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Nuria,

I was about to write to you the GREAT NEWS that 'el Telediario'(tv news) was explaining how the stoning of the Nigerian woman has been stopped, when another Eta's murder has ocurred, and of course, like always, THAT NIGHTMARE SPOILS EVERYTHING!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments