Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#61675 - 03/06/02 05:53 PM I can't search 'All Open Forums' any more
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
MM - I don't know if anyone else is having the same 'problem', but I am only able to search individual forums one at a time, rather than all at once. This can be quite frustrating and time consuming.

Sometimes I know the post I am looking for, or some of the subject matter, but not which forum might be the one to look in. I know that sounds kind of rubbish of me, but sometimes there are crossovers in topics etc etc. And it's just easier to look through the whole lot in one go. I know this can sometimes take some time too, but at least it is then all done in one fell swoop.

Sorry if I'm sounding picky - it's just that we are so spoilt with this board, I am beginning to expect perfection!! rolleyes rolleyes

Hey! Something that is particularly good for me on the new Message Board, is the fact that I can add gremlins as afterthoughts without them positioning themselves unhelpfully right at the bottom of the message! This was something I regularly used to annoy myself with. Likewise with URLs etc.

Jo

#61676 - 03/06/02 07:41 PM Re: I can't search 'All Open Forums' any more
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Oh Jo-Anne! Wake up and smell the porras, will ya'? heheheeh... wink (just teasing) I disabled the "Search-the-entire-board-until-it-smokes-and-eventually-self-destructs" feature for the more server memory friendly "search only individual forums" about a month ago. Sorry! But really, wasn't it a pain to wait for those 60 seconds while the board searched all the way to the "Alojamiento" forum when you were hoping to find information on Spanish green olives (taravb, that was for you wink ) when you knew the info would be found in the "Food, Drink, & Entertainment" forum OR the "About Spain" forum? Sorry for the change. <insert sappy voice now...> But isn't LIFE all about CHANGE? Sometimes in life we must realize that good things come from change... blah blah blah... yadda yadda yadda... wink

Sorry about the change, but I did it because the message board was SERIOUSLY stressing the webshost's server. AND NOW, with the MONSTER-sized new version we have just installed, the server is even more memory stressed, hence the random occurrence of errors sometimes (note to all: please tell whenever you get one of these errors).

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#61677 - 03/06/02 07:45 PM Re: I can't search 'All Open Forums' any more
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
But...I FEAR CHANGE!!

And all olives, be they black or green, stuffed or empty. Terrifying things, olives.

smile

Tara

#61678 - 03/07/02 02:58 AM Re: I can't search 'All Open Forums' any more
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
OK, I understand. frown frown But it's for when I know something was said in the last few days but I don't know where or by who. Doesn't take long to have a search go through every forum, and then you get some nice surprises thrown in too!! laugh laugh If I knew something was in a particular forum, I wouldn't need to search would I?

It must just be that my methods are old! I realise that it's better for new members/visitors who want to look for something specific, and THINK that they will find all the relevant information in the RIGHT forum! But I know better! So there! Those olives could pop up anywhere!, and that might be the bit of secret info we really want!

Woops, I sound cross, don't I? I'm not really!

Thanks for letting me know anyway, and should you ever decide to revert to searching all, please let me know! :p laugh :p

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments