Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#61295 - 01/17/02 04:12 PM MM Board I.D.
jllawson Offline

Loc: Boise, ID US
Where you on a flight to/from Madrid and wonder if there were other MM board members on the same flight???? I know the MM needs one more thing to do, but it would great if there was a bag tag that identified the owner as a fellow enthusiast... almost everyone has a carry-on of some type and I think it would be great to share with others while completing the travel portion... I'll be the first to send in a reasonable amout($10-15) for the tag... if any board participant has the necessary skills/business access may they could work out something with MM.... please give it some thought...(who knows what could be next... branded t-shirts, sweatshirts, backpacks, fannypacks...LandsEnd look out!!!)

#61296 - 01/17/02 06:01 PM Re: MM Board I.D.
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
To show total commitment, we could have forhead tattoos! eek eek

I think it's a great idea. Infact, whilst we were in Madrid last year we briefly spoke to a couple who had just arrived at Hostal Martin as we were leaving. I was DYINGto ask them if they had come via MM's site, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I just had a feeling that there was something there, but didn't have the courage to make a complete idiot of myself incase they thought I was mad! rolleyes

I'd have one, whatever it was anyway!

Jo

#61297 - 01/17/02 08:09 PM Re: MM Board I.D.
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hahahaa.. That's TOO funny. Well, if anyone DOES have the know-how and equipment to make such "Travel I.D.s" then let me know and we'll work out something. Too much.

Speaking of I.D.ing others who are message board members, last December I was waiting at the gate for my Madrid flight in theAtlanta airport, they were boarding some of the rows. A guy walks toward me with a big grin on his face and then stops next to me, looking down, and asks, "Are you the guy with the Madrid website? That MadridMan guy?" Turns out... well, you know the story. Anyway, we chatted before, some during, and after the flight.

THEN, to make things even MORE FREAKY... So I got on that flight in Atlanta bound for Madrid. I sit next to a woman and we're preparing for take-off. She asks me with a smile, "Are you that MadridMan guy?" TOO funny. Seems they were BOTH researching their trips (both 30+ years old) and visited MadridMan.com AND MadridMan's Live Cam and recognized me. (Now if THAT doesn't give someone an EGO-BOOST I don't know what would!) But alas, they were NOT message board members.

And oh yeah, the same woman (AND the guy) saw Rod Stewart in the bar in our concourse in Atlanta. Now THAT was a brush with CELEBRITY! Seems he was traveling alone to somewhere in Europe, spikey hair and all, hot-pink blazer jacket, etcetera.

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#61298 - 01/17/02 08:38 PM Re: MM Board I.D.
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Aw, c'mon, MadridMan, we like you WAY better than Rod Stewart. And how many people visit HIS website?
Tara :p

#61299 - 01/17/02 10:17 PM Re: MM Board I.D.
jaimemiguel Offline

Loc: columbus, ohio USA
MadridMan,
I am not sure if I would recognize you with a shirt on. wink

#61300 - 01/18/02 03:00 AM Re: MM Board I.D.
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
If he had his furniture with him it would help!

eek rolleyes eek

Jo

#61301 - 01/18/02 05:36 AM Re: MM Board I.D.
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Jo-Anne writes:
Quote:
To show total commitment, we could have forhead tattoos!
If the tattoos looked like 'fatima hands,' you might get 'hit on' by some of the gents of the Arab persuasion or if they looked like 'caste marks, you might get 'hit on' by Hindu or Sikh gents (unless you chose a tattoo that identifys you as untouchable). I don't know about males with forehead tattoos??? Something more subtle might be in order; like greeting one another with a wink and a smile. Then, even if the other person isn't of the MM clan, it might make their whole day. It shouldn't get us in too much trouble (Unless, of course, we or they are traveling with husband or wife or 'significant other' - then it could get a bit 'dicey.'). eek
Please disregard these remarks. I've decided the things I suggest might get us in trouble (or they might open the door for some really good times!). rolleyes

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: Eddie ]

#61302 - 01/18/02 07:54 AM Re: MM Board I.D.
LW Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks Jo-Anne for starting my day with a laugh. You are right, it would help if he had his furniture with him wink , but maybe he can come up with some cool decals(stickers)! Think about it MM, it would be sooo cool! laugh
Have a smiling day!! laugh smile smile

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: LittleWing ]

#61303 - 01/18/02 09:58 AM Re: MM Board I.D.
nevado Offline

I don't know if anyone has seen these yet but a photo shop in my neighborhood sells/makes luggage tags (as well as circle tags) with a digital imprint of a photo on them along with a name or whatever writing you want. I gave him the idea to promote the small circle tags as pet IDs with the photo of your cat or dog and a phone number (not that you would really need the photo if it's attatched to the animal but I thought it was cute). smile Anyway, the tags are silver and the picture is sort of like a hologram (not color). We could all get a picture of MM without his shirt...wouldn't that be fancy! :p

#61304 - 01/18/02 11:24 AM Re: MM Board I.D.
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Man-O-Man do I get a lot of GUFF for being (in the) BUFF! Hahahahaaa!! cool (Just kidding wink )

Ahem! But seriously, folks (pa-dum-dum!), if anyone knows a shop like the one nevado mentions, but which can do COLOR bag-tags then maybe we COULD get something together and offer it to only message board members. I think this is a GREAT idea! Of course, I think some might be just a bit embarrassed to put such a thing on their bags, but there might be one or two out there who have no self-image hang-ups.

I invision a rectangular bag-tag with the colors of Spain's flag in the same fashion, but with lettering on top of that which might say:
Line1: I'm a PROUD Member of the
Line2: MadridMan.com
Line3: ALL SPAIN Message Board

....and if you can imagine each line on it's own "stripe" of the Spanish flag, but in the "opposite" flag color if you get what I'm TRYING to describe here.

With ego firmly "in-check", MadridMan cool

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments