Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#61246 - 12/31/01 02:58 AM cost of film processing?
salbolt Offline

Loc: sydney, australia
I'm sure that someone has probably asked this before, but I've searched and searched and not come up with an answer, so I'll have to ask again.

How much does film processing cost in Spain, for both ordinary film and APS/Advantix film? Last time I was there my friend paid 1500 ptas to get one (24 exposure) roll of film developed at a photo shop which seemed pretty expensive, so I didn't get any of my film processed until I got home.

But as I'm going to be in Spain for a year this time I'll probably want at least some of the film processed in Spain. Are there cheaper places than photo shops ie supermarkets or pharmacies or convenience stores than process photos?

Thanks,

sally

#61247 - 12/31/01 12:53 PM Re: cost of film processing?
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi salbolt. I hope the fires around Sidney stop as soon as possible. Are you ok?

Film processing in Spain is much more expensive than in other countries (I don't know the reason). Yet 1.500 is not a bad price for here. You could probably find better prices in big stores (El Corte Inglés, Carrefour, Alcampo, etc...).

Since you are going to live here, the best thing you could do is to search around the place you are going to stay in for shops in which you can process the films. Pharmacies here do not make film processing, nor supermarkets do, but there are photo shops everywhere.

Fernando

#61248 - 01/01/02 09:03 PM Re: cost of film processing?
salbolt Offline

Loc: sydney, australia
Thanks Fernando.

I guess I will have to be more selective in my photo taking if its going to cost that much. Actually it costs about the same here to get film developed at a 1 hour photo shop, but it costs about half that at other places where they send your photos away and it takes a day or two to get them back, so I was hoping that there would be something like that in Spain, but I guess not.

As for the bush fires in Sydney, they just keep burning. I've been lucky because my house is right on the edge of a national park, but so far there have been no fires near us. Hundreds of houses have been destroyed, but no one has died which is very lucky. Its been interesting watching the coverage of the fires on Telediario, and seeing friends of mine on the Spanish news fighting the fires.

Sally

#61249 - 01/05/02 04:58 PM Re: cost of film processing?
ChicaGuay Offline

Loc: Miami, Florida
There is a tiny photoshop (in Madrid) on TORTOSA street, between Delicias and Rafael de Riego in the Atocha station area, where I had three regular rolls of film developed, very nicely indeed, and when I compared prices in Miami, I found it cheaper overthere,at least in this store. this was in April 2001.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments