Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6113 - 10/05/03 01:15 AM Madrid: Hostal Adriano
dulce071603 Offline

I enjoyed my 2 night stay at Hostal Adriano . Alberto was very helpful and informative. Be aware that you can hear when someone leaves their place. On my last day, in the early morning, one of the staff members was
relunctant to carry my bag down the stairs. Overall, it was a clean and comfortable place to stay.

#6114 - 10/05/03 09:42 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks again for another review!! I had to chuckle at your comment about someone being reluctant to carry your bag down the stairs in the early morning. Hostels really never do this but I know hotels will. Sometimes hostels will do this if they know a tip will be given but how can they ever know for sure? Plus, maybe they were the only ones on duty at that time and couldn't leave the desk for 5 minutes? Out of curiosity, did you tip them for carrying down your bag? (maybe this is too personal)

I remember a story a few years ago about a couple that was spending the night at one of the hostels in Huertas (about $25/night at that time) and they complained here on the message board that no one would carry their bags up to their room - as if this small, family-run hostels with aged owners had bellhops and it was the Ritz Carlton or something. hehehe... NOT TO SAY this is how you were thinking but it reminded me of the story.

You mention that you can hear when someone leaves the place. Do you mean you can hear the door slam shut? I always try to get a room as far away from the reception area as possible - on a different floor if available - and thus remove myself from earshot of any social or business interactions between staff and clients. Sometimes you have no choice if the place is full but this is always my goal.

Hope you had a nice time in Spain overall! We'd love to hear of your experiences about the things you saw and did as well. Hope you return to Spain someday soon.

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6115 - 10/06/03 09:13 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
Floroz Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I spent two nights at the Adriano and found it to be clean and comfortable, the new part looks wonderful, they were just opening the new rooms.
The staff could not have been nicer. They carried my luggage up and down. If only they had an elevator..looks as tho that's a long way off, if ever! There are several other hostals in the same building on lower floors that looked interesting. The whole place was very quiet, I heard no street noises or doors slamming!

#6116 - 10/06/03 11:42 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I always pay my bill at The Adriano the night before I depart. The last time, Javier made sure and ask me if I needed help with the bags in the morning. I'm not sure what the problem could have been.

One time Javier came to my door and apologized profusley for not cleaning my room the day before when I had slept in after a late night on "la marcha"!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments