Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#60962 - 11/08/01 10:37 AM Start chopping those logs!!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Just had a quick peep at the weather forecast using CNN for Malaga to see if it is safe to hang my smalls out to dry overnight smile and I can vouch for the fact that today (8th Nov) it is 22C (71F) cool and sunny (feels warmer) with an expected low of 11C (51F). Nothing unusual there I suppose, but wait .....tomorrow, it dips to 14C (58F) and what's this!!?? The low forecast is 0C, or 32F, which I vaguely remember as being freezing point!! eek

Ski-ing anyone? We appear to be the lucky ones over the next few days, as I see in Madrid they are forecasting -6C, that's 22F!!! I was only joking to Wolf that I lived in Russia the other day laugh

#60963 - 11/08/01 11:45 AM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Anchovy,

Wow! Cold by standards for your neck of the woods. Warm by standards, where CaliBasco and I are from. Those "balmy" 27 degree F days to us, in the winter, are a good reason to go out in da sun and get a tan ya know.

I can remember, as a kid, back in da old days, about da middle of dat century gone past, it'd get so cold dat when you spoke nobody could hear da words until dey thawed out in da spring wit da warm wedder.

Well, gotta go out and milk da brown cow and get some chocolate milk. May da outhouse hole be warmed to da touch before you arrive to do your business.... eek

Wolf (Who ain't warmin' nothin' for no one... wink )

#60964 - 11/08/01 12:14 PM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Sounds like that is one hell of a sore red nose, Wolf laugh You haven't been for a job interview with a certain Mr S Claus have you? I've heard he wants a bit of muscle to help him out with his deliveries next month wink

By the way, just looked at forecast for Granada (city, not ski resort) for tomorrow and anyone visiting the Alhambra would be well advised to get their wooly vests out, because we are looking at a low of -9, which is about 22F on the funny temperature scale you use on your side of the (frozen) pond.

Anchovy (After fifteen years, only just coming to terms with metric measures and Centigrade)

#60965 - 11/08/01 06:11 PM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Ya betcha Wolf. Why don I put on da briquets for da barbecue...den we can eat da brats while we're sittin by da pool...geeesh it's hot out here! Maybe after we get done eatin' we can go fishin' in da boat. 27º...geesh, sure has warmed up a bit, don'cha know.

#60966 - 11/08/01 06:24 PM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Gentlemen,
Have any of you heard if this winter is going to be particularly cold in Madrid and Northern Spain by any chance? I'm particularly interested in December weather.

I know we are going to have a rough winter here in North Florida because the squirrels are going berserk hidding nuts, and downing pine cones, plus the wooly worms look particularly fat this year!

#60967 - 11/08/01 07:04 PM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Anchovy

You could be nearer the truth than you think with Wolf and his connection with Mr Claus - I'm POSITIVE I remember something about him and gnomes???? I KNEW the relevance would be revealed sometime.

Jo

#60968 - 11/09/01 09:24 AM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Booklady, do you do freelance work for CNN's weather forecasting service for Spain? The reason I ask, is that today they have us down for below zero. eek

I have come in to work wearing full ski gear, apart from the goggles and the poles, the sun is shining and although there is a cooler wind, I have to say that a lot of people are in shirt sleeves and I am being ridiculed by all and sundry frown

Jo, gnom-e diga! (sorry, but rgf has got us all thinking about puns again). Wolf and gnomes, you say? So you also think Lapland is gnome from gnome for him?

#60969 - 11/09/01 10:01 AM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Jo-Anne,

Very astute! I did mention gnomes a long time ago, in a link so far removed that I even forgot it... rolleyes My wife has created a monster in Spain... she gave people gnomes as gifts, and now the women are clamoring for them. In fact, we will be sending out a package next week, which contains seven gnomes signed by Dr. Tom Clark, as Christmas presents to friends.

Anchovy, be encouraged by the fact that no matter how cold it gets there, it will never get as cold as it does here, during the winter. Right now we're looking forward to fighting ice, snow, and cold winds for the next five or six months, and that ain't no treat. Especially when you know you have to buy a new snow blower because the old one pooped out... frown

Wolf (Who's inspecting his long underwear later today, to insure the trap doors work properly... eek )

#60970 - 11/09/01 01:34 PM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Anchovy,
Wow! Have you noticed any increased activity among the squirrels in your neighborhood? How about the wooly worms, do they look a little fatter than usual? If so, Anchochy, please take out your long johns 'cause it's going to be a long cold winter! frown

booklady - Never worked for CNN!Honest!

#60971 - 11/14/01 01:33 PM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Enlighten me please - what in the world are "smalls" - as in "hang-out my smalls"? confused Am I correct in assuming said smalls are different from the warm weather latex mentioned in previous threads ....

AF - are you really sure you want to skate on Frog Pond again???

Ah - the differences between English and American ....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments