MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#60937 - 10/25/01 08:35 AM Re: A Thought for the day
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Beckham,

Like I said in my previous post, we have a responsibility to post credible information, not pass on inuendo & rumors that are unfounded. Had you included the link with the statement, it would have changed matters considerably.

Why don't you post the link to the website you're referring to? Then we can evaluate the credibility of the source ourselves, and react directly to them, instead of you.

Wolf (Waiting patiently for the link... smile )

#60938 - 10/25/01 09:51 AM Re: A Thought for the day
beckham Offline

Loc: ireland
http://www.nukeafghanistan.net

On the left hand side under the topic of
" makes you wonder"

#60939 - 10/25/01 11:10 AM Re: A Thought for the day
Jaime Offline

Beckham, I checked out the website the information came from and I think even the name alone...."nuke afghanistan"...should give you a clue right there that it may not be the most impartial or legitamate source of information. A site that is full of propaganda,"spreading love through the middle east, one megaton [bomb] at a time", would prevent me from getting any of my information from the site.

I actually had initially assumed you were a female and I am familiar with David Beckham....and Posh Spice of course....Ahhh, the drama continues!

#60940 - 10/25/01 12:05 PM Re: A Thought for the day
beckham Offline

jamie

of course yeah!!!but with the talk show in Philly? maybe that came from something- who knows what money the goverment spends on the searching of individuals? who cares though...

#60941 - 10/25/01 03:22 PM Re: A Thought for the day
Wolf Offline

Beckham,

Thanks for posting that link. To be honest, it's not the kind of site that I'd rely upon for valid information. In fact, it's not the type of site I'd visit for entertainment purposes either. I won't be putting it on my "favorites" list to visit it again in the near future, or at any other time for that matter.

Like Jaime said, "Nuke Afghanistan" is not the name of a site that promotes credibility in any way or form. In fact, in my estimation, the site itself incites hatred, and that's completely the opposite of where we have to go in this world, if we want to find world peace.

So there are no "mis-understandings" in the future, please add links that will indicate what your sources for statements like that were. It could save us all a lot of grief.

Wolf (Who has over 300 news source links from around the world to work with, but never saw a site like this one considered as being a "news source.")

#60942 - 10/25/01 05:10 PM Re: A Thought for the day
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
It is definitely interesting to look at where different Americans choose to get their information. ALmost every program and station appears to have a particular slant to the news/"news" they present to the public. On the days and weeks that followed the 11th I was listening to NPR, Talk of the Nation and reading foreign and American newspapers online. The point of view others were getting was very different from some of the am stations, etc. Just looking at local papers from around the country and their treatment of the subject is fascinating - and those are the main newspapers, not those smaller-scale papers with express political leanings... Unfortunately, there are surely people that happily peruse the "nuke afghanistan"-type of sites for their "news"-fix. I just hope they aren't voters. rolleyes

#60943 - 10/25/01 10:31 PM Re: A Thought for the day
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
I understood that the quoted material had come from an online source and was not original with beckham. I warn my students that not everything that appears on the internet is worth reading, much less repeating. One chooses to quote from such a source for a reason.

Yes, I respect freedom of speech and everyone can speak freely on this board. That should include rebuttals to posts.

wink

la maestra(who has just finished a night of parent conferences after a day of teaching and is happy she can still see straight!)

#60944 - 10/25/01 10:55 PM Re: A Thought for the day
Wolf Offline

La Maestra,

Time for two big cups of coffee with double doses of Bailey's Irish Cream, so you can get past the nightmares tonight... eek

I don't envy you the parent conferences one iota. I have no idea how a teacher tells a student's parents that their child is going through school, "unscathed by education!" wink

Wolf (Who wasn't exactly a model student himself... rolleyes )

#60945 - 10/26/01 07:09 AM Re: A Thought for the day
beckham Offline

Wolf- two big cups of coffee with double doses of Bailey's Irish Cream???!!! For me thats sounds like torture! I hate bailey's and I dont even care for Guiness that much either as well! If I ever have a Guiness, i put a small drop of blackcurrant syrup on the creamy head, that takes the taste from the guiness, easier to drink, but for me thats rare! now if I had a peach schnapps...... laugh
( expecting a message from Madridman saying that this post will have a happier time in teh Food, Drink, forum! )

#60946 - 10/26/01 07:59 AM Re: A Thought for the day
Wolf Offline

Beckham,

Actually your drink don't sound that bad either. I can handle a couple of each before I end up slowly slipping off my chair into dream land... smile

Your drink concoction sounds like a good thought for today... wink

Wolf (Who isn't a heavy drinker, and only drinks alone or with someone... laugh )

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments