MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#60910 - 01/03/02 10:25 PM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
&%$#@!-'in webhost. It seems that (for) now the message board is fine. The webhost moved the website to a "newer, faster" server and they forgot to remove the "temporary file" and so the Hard Disk's space capacity was maximized and nothing new could be written to it. Well, they've removed that file and everything seems to working on the BBS now, but I haven't been able to receive ANY email through my @madridman.com account in about a week. ARGH!!! mad

As for missing posts, I spent an hour today moving dozens of threads which were tossed into the "General Chatter" and other forums to more appropriate forums. Please browse the forums for your postings/topics. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60911 - 01/04/02 12:32 PM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
Thanks MM for all the attentiveness. I seem to be operating at full speed now. I thought you had loaded some wild pictures from you holiday and the gremlins went nuts!

#60912 - 01/05/02 02:50 AM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
El Cid d'España Offline

That's a relief! For a day or so, I thought my laptop was going haywire. eek I know now it was the server for the message board.

#60913 - 01/05/02 07:42 AM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks all for your patience. Still don't have email access from the main address, but the message board seems to be working fine. I'm beginning to consider a webhost move. We'll see what happens in the coming weeks. But for now, all is well with the message board. So sorry for the problems and down time these past few days. mad

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60914 - 01/17/02 09:53 AM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Tired of MadridMan.com being DOWN for extended periods of time? I AM!! My #%&@$! webhost has gone to $#%&@! in the past 6 months after 4 years service with them. In the next month I'll be making a switch to a (hopefully) reliable webhost.

What does this mean to you? It means the message board and entire MadridMan.com site will likely be down from 3-5 days to make/move the files and to be universally recognized for its new home.

I'll be sure to alert everyone 2-3 days beforehand, but will try to begin the down time on some Wednesday and hope all is up and working again by the following Monday.

SO sorry for the crummy service, slow server, down time, returned emails, and everything that goes along with having such problems.

You'll be hearing from me. Again, I'm sorry for the past disturbances and the future outages until I make the transition.

Saludos, MadridMan

#60915 - 01/17/02 01:11 PM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
JJP Offline

Loc: ca.eeuu
We'll all be in forced exile frown

...a sacrifice smile I'm sure we'll all be fine with for faster and more reliable service.

MM, thxs for keeping this site well maintained!

#60916 - 01/21/02 03:45 PM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hello group. I'm sad to announce what you certainly already know. The search function isn't working right now nor are some of the "Page #2"s and I have no idea why. The webhost has told me about having some problems and that they are working on the problem -- hopefully when they fix it the message board will be fully functional too.

I'm SO sorry for the problems. CAN'T WAIT to get the entire site moved over to the new webhost, but can't do it now until the current webhost fixes their problems.

Please accept my apologies. Sheesh. rolleyes This is getting ridiculous. Sorry. mad

frown Sadly, MadridMan

#60917 - 01/22/02 11:07 AM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
We will all be having withdrawls - DTs in fact. MM - we really appreciate your dedication and perserverance in keeping this wonderful site up and functioning! smile

#60918 - 01/22/02 02:49 PM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks Puna. I'm doing MY best, but might have to call for "professional help" (I mean for ME, not the darned message board! hehehe.. wink ). It really is infuriating. I'm SO sorry and sad about this. As I said last night, the SEARCH feature doesn't work at all now. I'm trying to "rebuild" things, but nothing seems to fix this problem. Please be patient. I can't MOVE to the new webhost UNTIL I fix these current problems.

Thanks, all. Saludos, MadridMan

#60919 - 01/22/02 08:22 PM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I don't know WHY yet, but have changed the search function to ONLY be able to search individual forums one at a time.

ODDLY ENOUGH, conducting searches on the 6 BIGGEST and BUSIEST forums can NOT be done. frown These non-search-working forums include:
Hostels & Other Lodgings
Transportation
Favorite Places
Food, Drink, & Entertainment
About Spain
General Chatter

Isn't that JUST great? Sheesh! rolleyes I'm still working on it though.

Sadly, frown MadridMan

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments