MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#60900 - 10/24/01 07:10 AM Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Group. I wanted to notify you of a major slow-down on the server which carries MadridMan.com. They're telling me of upgrades taking place and things should be back to normal (or faster) by the end of tomorrow/Thursday, but that there may also be some outages (that MadridMan.com might NOT be accessible from time to time). Sorry for the problem and thanks for your patience.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60901 - 10/24/01 06:34 PM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi MM, I wondered why it took so long to reach the board today, thought it was my computer playing up!
Thanks.

#60902 - 10/24/01 09:08 PM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Yeah. Sorry about that. I'll be happy when tomorrow (Thursday) is finished. HOPEFULLY they'll have all their $#!+ together by then and we'll have a speedy server. :o

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60903 - 10/26/01 06:50 AM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

GRRRR!!! mad Clearly, they haven't fixed/updated the server yet. It's as slow as it has been for the whole week. rolleyes Don'tcha just HATE THAT???!! mad Sorry for the slow-down, people. Thanks for your patience. Have a nice weekend!

#60904 - 11/27/01 08:14 AM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

The webhost, not having any idea or any indication that the server is running like a turtle, has offered to move the site to a different server (same URL, of course) so let's hope that helps. Frustrating, huh? mad Sorry, people!

#60905 - 11/27/01 09:04 AM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
MadridMan,

Even though slow is frustrating, no board would be catastrophic. I'll take a slow MadridMan site over anyting else out here.

Of course, fast would be super cool.... laugh

Wolf (Whose patience quotient is improving.)

#60906 - 11/27/01 09:14 PM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Hi, MM--
I agree with Wolf...slow is better than nothing! You mentioned in another thread that you're changing over to RoadRunner, which I did recently too (and I thought that was what made the board seem slow--that zippy cable modem makes all the difference in the world after years of campus-based dialup!).

I just have to say that the amount of work you put in on this board is absolutely amazing (does your boss know you do this? smile ) and it's become a highlight of my day to check in (too many times, I am afraid) and see what's going on here. So THANK YOU, so very much, MadridMan, for bringing all of us together. I will happily twiddle my thumbs while pages load!!

Tara smile

#60907 - 12/15/01 11:24 PM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

It seems they have FINALLY moved the website to a newer/faster server. Does anyone/everyone notice an improvement?? They STILL need to correct the clock though. Sheesh!! rolleyes

#60908 - 12/16/01 12:06 AM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
MadridMan,

Yes! It does seem to be a quite a bit faster.

Thanks!

Wolf

#60909 - 01/03/02 10:05 PM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
What is happening?

The past two days the board has been unaccesible, and a few of the posts have disappeared. Are there internet gremlins at work, or has the web-host been acting up?

There were a few posts about New Years, a couple by yours truly, that have seemed to slip into a cyber-blackhole. I hope all has been cleared up, so we can once again revel in this great board.
Cheers!
Shawn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments