Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6083 - 09/27/03 04:44 PM Madrid apartment in hot, young area?
aeking3 Offline

Loc: U.S.A
I am planning on getting a visa and moving to Spain! I just was wondering if anyone had any suggestionns on where to stay while I find an apartment! or even a hot young area to live in MAdrid???? I am open to anything.....I was thinking more along Gramercy Park knda in Madrid I know Madrid is nothing like NYC but that type of area? PLEASE! I am 24 and don't want to live in an old part of MAdrid!

-A

#6084 - 09/27/03 05:12 PM Re: Madrid apartment in hot, young area?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sounds like you're describing the Chueca neighborhood in Madrid. It's "the gay zone" of Madrid but seems to be much like the Greenwich Village of New York City. Very artsy, chic, liberal, and still very much part of "Old Madrid" - about a 10-15 walk north from Gran Vía. Anyone else agree?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6085 - 09/28/03 11:18 PM Re: Madrid apartment in hot, young area?
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
i would definitely say, retiro( has a big park next to it),salamanca or atocha. Though many of the people who have money are older their kids(college age) tend to hang out in a few spots like green on callle juan bravo or ABC in serrano. Atocha is close to chueca which has a plethora of clubs and bars. Happy hunting.

#6086 - 10/04/03 04:39 AM Re: Madrid apartment in hot, young area?
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
You don´t have to choose from different areas, since what you want is to live in the city center. The choosing is them of which neighborhood within it.

Huertas: enternainment, bars, cinemas, clubs, theaters.......
Austrias: more refined, wine bars, expensive restaurants, palaces..........
Chueca: quite lively but it may end up boring you if you are not gay.
Bilbao, Malasaña: very, very lively and people of your age.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 290 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments