Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60576 - 07/19/01 09:34 AM There's fire in them thar hills..... (Mijas)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Unfortunately, there is a major fire raging in the hills around Mijas on the Costa del Sol at the moment. It began last night and with strong winds blowing they still have not been able to bring it under control. (It's now 3pm).

Many people have been evacuated and even on the coast in Fuengirola, the sun has been dulled by the smoke and a layer of black ash is settling on the streets. Let's hope that it has not caused too much major damage to the environment and more importantly, that no harm befalls anyone.

[ 07-19-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#60577 - 07/19/01 01:03 PM Re: There's fire in them thar hills..... (Mijas)
Pookita Offline

Loc: FL, USA
Ouch! I know what it's like, since I live very close to the Florida Everglades which have been plagued by fires during the recent dry spell. From my job (we're on the 28th floor, several miles from the edge of the Glades) we could look out west and actually see flames!!!! eek And the ash does go EVERYWHERE. Each morning the cars are coated, and the heavy smell of the fire is in the air. Hopefully you will be as lucky as we were with no fatalities or serious injuries. Our prayers will be with everyone there!

Pookita

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments