Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#60534 - 06/27/01 03:36 AM my time in madrid... (roses)
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
I have finally made it over to Madrid... I crossed over a big blue ocean and now I sit here in an Internet cafe a block away from my apartment. Itīs kind of strange. I have never been in one place for more than a few days and now I am in Madrid for almost a month.

I never really knew what to expect, but now that I am here, I am ready to sit back and just enjoy the wonderful life that God has placed before me. Not knowing what today or tomorrow will bring, I am waiting impatiently to see the chapters that will unravel in my life over the next few weeks.

I am not homesick yet, although I called my mother two times yesterday. Today is my first day to explore and live in Madrid. I am off to ice skate and then to explore the beauty that secretly lies here is this magnificent city.

My accommodations were not what I expected, but Warren and I are very happy to be surrounded by other young travelers who can give us much advice on our travels. We have taken it into our own hands to make our room in this piso an enjoyable place to come home to. We are decorating it with candles, flowers and posters... and of course, the great drawings of my artisic friend Warren.

Anyhow, if everyday is filled with as much joy as I am experiencing right now... I will be a truly blessed person, with a heart that knows so much happiness and freedom.

The weather is perfect, as well as the ice cream!!! Anyway, I must go to skate and journey into this unknown world. Iīll write later...roses.

#60535 - 06/27/01 10:08 AM Re: my time in madrid... (roses)
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Roses,

I have a feeling that you're about to have one of the greatest times of your life. With your open approach to people, and life, it would be impossible for it to be otherwise.

Sometimes I just can't joke about things. This is one of them. Enjoy everything that those of us who have been there rave about constantly.

Wolf (Who wishes he could have hid in Rose's luggage for the trip (I could have slept in the bath tub you know!)). rolleyes

[ 06-27-2001: Message edited by: Wolfgang81 ]

#60536 - 06/27/01 10:27 AM Re: my time in madrid... (roses)
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
Roses, great to see you're in Madrid and having a good time. Give best wishes from those in NYC to everyone who comes to your Madrid dinner group. Good luck on the ice too!! Have fun for all of us!! cool smile cool

#60537 - 06/27/01 10:50 AM Re: my time in madrid... (roses)
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Roses- Keep us posted on Warren's artistic pursuits as well as your own. I'm sure he'll find all sorts of inspiration for some extraordinary works of art in Madrid!

#60538 - 06/27/01 11:30 AM Re: my time in madrid... (roses)
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Roses: Esplendido! You have arrived and loving it already. As Kathi & I sat on our terrace Monday evening, I pointed out an Air Europa jet heading East about 6PM. I said that it was your plane & on your way to Madrid.I was thrilled for you & Warren and all that lay before you. it was wonderful to meet you & give our NYC regards to the MadridMan gathering you put together.You do have the record as an attendee @ 3 MM gatherings. Keep that wonderful Positve Attitude you possess. Enjoy & Stay Cool in HOT Madrid. Bill Ski cool laugh cool

#60539 - 06/27/01 11:31 PM Re: my time in madrid... (roses)
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Roses, I'm so happy for you that you are finally there and experiencing all that we know and love!!! Great luck to you on the ice skating, and to Warren, I know you will find much inspiration in Madrid!!!!
When you both get back to L.A., we will have another dinner group to see your photos and hear your stories so keep us posted with your wonderfully personal touch.

p.s. who knows, by the time you get back, the newest S.D. restaurant will finally be open!!! rolleyes

#60540 - 06/28/01 05:55 AM Re: my time in madrid... (roses)
roses Offline

Thank you all for your very kind and sweet notes. It is truly because of all of you that I am experiencing a very peaceful time here in Madrid. Today, Warren and I are off to Toledo for the day. Both he and I are very excited. The locals keep telling us there is so much history and culture in this city. I however, believe there will be a lot of TOURIST! Ohwell, I canīt wait. Itīs photo time. Warren is practicing his Spanish and is getting better everyday. Yesterday, I had the chance to meet all sorts of great people on the way to the ice rink in Mahadohonda (45 minutes outside of Madrid). They were all very kind and nice. Warren and I have already found our local morning hangout... two buildings down from our piso... and every morning we have a bocadillo con cafe y jugo de naranja fresco. This internet cafe is our second stop after breakfast. Tomorrow I will skate with Kurk Browing, former World Champion. Anyway, off to see chapter two: Toledo. Iīll write later, and thanks again for your sweet notes, itīs nice to come in this cafe and check the madridman site and find that you guys are here with me even in Madrid.

#60541 - 06/28/01 07:21 AM Re: my time in madrid... (roses)
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Rose,

You mentioned Kurt Browning. My wife and I had an opportunity to watch him perform this past spring in Stars on Ice, when it was in Rockford. He really put on a great performance. His cowboy routine, and back flip were show stoppers. It was also nice to see Scott Hamilton on his farewell tour, and see Kristi Yamaguchi. Tara Lipinski sat it out due to an injury, but the show was great.

Now enjoy Spain. It's something out of a dream. Toledo is to die for..... smile

Wolf (Who uses tobbogans on each foot as skates... frown )

#60542 - 06/28/01 08:38 AM Re: my time in madrid... (roses)
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
Roses,

It was a pleasure to meet you. I know you will enjoy Madrid because you have an adventurous spirit and willing to try new things. I have our picture (you, my son and me). Let me know where I should mail it! I hope to see you skate in the future. Enjoy Spain!

Take care
Mclarke

#60543 - 07/18/01 01:32 PM Re: my time in madrid... (roses)
roses Offline

My trip is almost over and I am not ready to come home yet. It is so funny how things change in the spur of a moment. All of my assumptions and expectations of my travels were replaced with new beginnings and endings.

I spent eight days in Italy falling inlove. Three weeks ice skating, going to meetings, parties at the palacio real Aranjuez, and a movie premiere for Lola Films.

At first I thought the people of Madrid were cold-hearted people. Now, I know that I was wrong. I have met so many wonderful people and new friends. I need about another four weeks here to truly enjoy them and my newfound life.

I sometimes wonder if I could do it... move here like missmadrid98. Life would be so different. Who knows... who knows what new chapters will be written in my life over the next few years. I know that Warren is already planning to spend a year here studying and traveling all throughout Spain.

Anyway, I never made it to Seville, so I will have to come back to Spain next summer. What a bummer (-:

All the best, roses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments