Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60302 - 05/25/01 09:10 AM Equal rights for teachers!!!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
I think it is about time we board members banded together and demanded of the management that la maestra be made a member and renounce her junior status!

Sign the petition comrades! It is unjust, unfair and unMM-like for this mistress with over 70 posts to be deemed "junior member".

¡Viva la maestra! smile

Oops! Editing required....just noticed that I posted this under Packing......that's blown it now!! Sorry MM, put me where you will!!

[ 05-25-2001: Message edited by: Anchovy Front ]

#60303 - 05/25/01 09:42 AM Re: Equal rights for teachers!!!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
wink Is the ninety degree weather and the threat of peeping toms - i.e. red or blue tanks and 'mini-shorts' that's making you so very observant ... or is it oh-thank-goodness the weekend's here ? Any of the above - enjoy that sunshine and happy weekend! smile smile

#60304 - 05/25/01 10:02 AM Re: Equal rights for teachers!!!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

There is another variable of course that could be added to that equation, Puna. We have some of the finest wines, sherries and beers in this country as you know. Not to mention pacharan and chinchon and so on. rolleyes

However, unfortunately, I am at work and unable to partake of aforementioned beverages for at least another, let's see....two and a half hours. Fin de semana...hurrah! laugh

#60305 - 05/25/01 10:08 AM Re: Equal rights for teachers!!!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
mad mad mad That's jealousy! mad

#60306 - 05/25/01 10:49 AM Re: Equal rights for teachers!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Quote:
I think it is about time we board members banded together and demanded of the management that la maestra be made a member and renounce her junior status!

You're absolutely right, Anchovy Front. I've been WONDERING WHY la maestra and others like her have FAR exceeded the 35 message limit to read full MEMBER status, but nothing's happening! Seems to be (another) glitch/klinker in the new message board version. I keep changing the number needed to read full status, but nothing helps. Seems I'll have to contact the software company (again).

However, I MADRIDMAN, HEREBY DUB THEE, LA MAESTRA, FULL FLEDGED FULL MEMBER OF MADRIDMAN'S SPAIN MESSAGE BOARD!!! Here, let me now pin this honorary pin to your lapel and..... THERE! This will have to do until I iron out this new, little wrinkle. Sorry! frown And my apologies to all who SHOULD be full members as well.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60307 - 05/25/01 12:04 PM Re: Equal rights for teachers!!!
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
Thank you Anchovy Front and Madrid Man! I feel truly honored...though Madrid Man, you have to be more careful when trying to grab my lapel!

I was afraid to look at this post because this is teacher contract time here and not all comments regarding equal ANYTHING for teachers are quite as positive! I'm off to celebrate my new status by trying out the new shipment of Tetilla and Sevillano olives Trader Joe's is advertising!

#60308 - 05/25/01 12:22 PM Re: Equal rights for teachers!!!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Ah, you deserve it, maestra! I'll raise a glass of Mahou in your honour in an hour's time at my Friday Night Club (outside on the terrace bar this time of the year)

That is, of course, assuming I can just squeeze this spandex clad frame through the doorframe....... wink

#60309 - 05/25/01 01:57 PM Re: Equal rights for teachers!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I guess that "dubbing" action worked! Congratulations, la maestra!! hehehee.... You're a FULL member!

I had to "do" yours individually. Man, if I have to "do" them all one by one....ugh! There's got to be a better way! We'll see...

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60310 - 05/25/01 03:39 PM Re: Equal rights for teachers!!!
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
I think you've been spending too much time at the computer, MM! "Do"ing people one at a time is the best way! wink

Anchovy Front, thanks for the toast! I'll be watching for you next weekend! Do you have any day glo spandex?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments