Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#60190 - 05/17/01 04:48 PM MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I am thinking seriously about putting together a MadridMan.com newsletter for all who would want it. The point of such a newsletter would be to update interested persons on the additions and modifications of the website, including "Hot Topics" on the message board.

I welcome all ideas, comments, and concerns about the proposed newsletter because YOU have made MadridMan's Spain Message Board what it is and I value your input on the other features of MadridMan.com as well. "What do the people want??"

Curious, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60191 - 05/17/01 11:08 PM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Sounds like a great idea! and a lot more work for you. hee hee

#60192 - 05/17/01 11:55 PM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
I think it sounds like a good idea...you're talking about an online newsletter, right? You could also do a "current news" page (perhaps as the "enter here" page?) and update that regularly. One "newsy" page I just love is at http://fethard.com/mainpages/cnews.html

(Spain's not my only travel obsession, just the biggest!). That page is updated every day or so by the webmaster, and the bottom few stories/entries are taken off. That way the news stays up for a week or so, and you can check in whenever it's convenient. Yours could include a cool new photo, interesting new site information, a blurb or two from a recent "hot topic" on the board, a member profile, photos from get-togethers, etc. And if there was an "enter here" button oh-so-conveniently located at the bottom of that page, we would just go there (like the Spain-obsessed lemmings that we are) to get to the bulletin board.

Obviously, if you were thinking of a print (gasp! does anyone do those any more?) newsletter, none of this applies!! And if you were thinking of an e-mail thing, ugh...I can hardly keep up with my in-box as it is!

And here's another possible page idea...how about a calendar in which we can enter our Spain travel plans? It would be fun to see who will be where in Spain at what time, and perhaps it would facilitate some get-togethers in towns/cities in Spain. Of course, I have no idea whether such a thing can be created (not knowing how to do web design lets me dream big!).

Tara smile

[ 05-18-2001: Message edited by: taravb ]

#60193 - 05/18/01 08:25 AM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
papi Offline

Loc: LONDRES!!!!
eek you could have a experience's page so pepz could tell others if they had a good or a badd time while in spain...or how it compares to their home countries..
eek

#60194 - 05/18/01 09:42 AM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Taravb, your ideas/suggestions are great! I was actually thinking of an email newsletter, but understand your point about getting too many. I too subscribe to only one and never read it -- guess I don't care about the topic anyway -- it's more of a newsgroup listing of discussion threads all on one page and that's pretty boring.

An online newsletter is a good idea, but I'm fairly certain that few would visit it simply out of curiosity. About 80% of the message board visitors come directly here via the index page , bypassing all other MadridMan.com pages and many may not know what they're missing. Still, I don't want the newsletter to be intrusive - ONLY sending to those who really want it.

Any more comments? By the way, *I* won't be putting the newletter together, but will be friend (a mystery man) from this message board (oooohhh... the plot thickens!) and someone we can all trust.

Have a nice weekend, all! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60195 - 05/18/01 09:49 AM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Sounds like a great concept - what about offering the option to receive/not receive an electronic newsletter? Seem to me that would allow those who prefer not to subscribe to have the option ...And agree - it's going to entail alot of time for the "mystery writer" laugh

#60196 - 05/18/01 09:52 AM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Sounds good to me too, Puna. It would be nice to have the option if possible. Who IS this mystery man.........any bets? smile

#60197 - 05/18/01 01:34 PM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
smile cool laugh ANTONIO??? laugh cool smile

Jo

[ 05-18-2001: Message edited by: Jo-Anne ]

#60198 - 05/18/01 04:10 PM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
MM--
The index page link you have above is the main "www.madridman.com" page, right? Because from there, you have to click on the link for the message board, and then on the "enter here" link...so what if you replaced the "enter here" page with a page of current news? And had an "enter here" at the bottom of it? As long as it wasn't too graphics-heavy (slow loads for photos would be a drag), people would probably skim through as they enter the message board (I'm guessing).

Or is there some side door to the message board that I have been missing? I'll still come in from the main page, just to see what MadridMan's wearing today (he-he! smile eek ).

Tara

[ 05-18-2001: Message edited by: taravb ]

#60199 - 05/19/01 08:20 PM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
Nic Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Tara that's funny. But, I do enter the same way. Not to look at MM's attire, but because my computer is slow at home, I just automatically click over to the board. I still haven't formed my complete opinion about the newsletter. rolleyes On one hand, Do I need another newsletter that I delete?? On the otherhand, do I delete the ones I get now, becuase I am disinterested?? Those are usually the ones that web sites force you to join, to sign into their site. So, MM, I like the concept, and your newsletter may be the only one that I look forward too.
As a side note, I'll be in Columbus 5/31-6/2. Do you have any favorite hangout spots? I'll be staying with my old (maybe I should say former-she'd be offended if I called her old) college roommate in the Henderson Road area.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments