Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60173 - 05/15/01 05:46 PM Language Barriers?
Sandy Offline

Loc: CANADA
I am getting so excited! We leave for Madrid tomorrow evening!!!!! I was just looking though my travel books wondering how much trouble I am going to have communicating with people in Spain. Neither my husband or myself speak any spanish. Are we going to have a really hard time or do some people speak a little english?
Sandy

#60174 - 05/15/01 07:29 PM Re: Language Barriers?
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Hi Sandy,

You'll find a lot of people that do speak some English unless you go into fairly remote areas. Since you don't have time to take a short course in Spanish, you might want to carry a phrase book, and if you can find one, an electronic pocket translator. They range in price from about $20 up to $80 or more, but really do help.

In fact, during our first trip to Spain, we used a translator just about everywhere we went, and it sure helped us with our communications. Even if we had problems pronouncing the words, people could look at the translator and tell what we meant.

What's kind of neat about them is that they end up being a teaching aid as well, and you begin to learn a few Spanish phrases, and words, that make it easier to communicate.

You're about to have the most wonderful time of your life. It don't get better than Spain.

Wolf

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments