MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#60171 - 06/28/02 10:47 AM Re: Neighborhoods in Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
SandraZ, your posting today in the "Working in Spain" forum regarding volunteer work sparked my interest in your situation so I found your previous postings and found this one.

In which neighborhood did you finally settle? And how do you like it now that you've been there for a year? Would you care to critique said neighborhood for others who may be considering that neighborhood or others? Thanks! And good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60172 - 06/28/02 01:04 PM Re: Neighborhoods in Madrid
SandraZ Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hey MM, nothing gets by you! I am in Madrid now - living in Chamartin - near the Colombia Metro stop. We tried to find something closer to the city center but just didn't have much luck in our price range. Rents seem to have gone WAY up. Also, we were looking in August when most landlords were away on vacation. Anyway, our neighborhood is very nice - quiet, but with lots of shops, cafes, bars etc. within walking distance - and its well-connected by bus and metro. Its turned out to be a very good compromise for us - we don't have any old world charm (the apt. is brand new), but we are IN the city and not the 'burbs and yet its quiet and green and we have a garage and swimming pool in the complex. One downside for me is that its far from where I take Spanish (Escuela Oficial on Islas Filipinas) so I spend a LOT of time in the metro.

If anyone wants more info. on neighborhoods/ apts. I might be able to help. I searched A LOT, so just ask!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments