Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#60002 - 04/17/01 06:30 PM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
To add some personal info myself, I'm an engineer, born and raised in Madrid that left homeland to work "en esos mundos de Dios" and came back to the city center to live.

I see the travelling thing from the opposite point of view.

I don't know if its winter where you are but after the rainiest winter ever, easter has been sunny and warm....

#60003 - 04/17/01 06:51 PM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
tomas Offline

Loc: San Francisco, California, USA
Well, here's for me:

I live in San Francisco near the beach in a small apartment that "gracias a Dios" is under rent control. When I am not awaiting the next blackout, I work as a computer trainer for a large law firm of 600 attorneys. My challenge is to convince attorneys that someone can actually teach them something.

What I've been doing for the past 2 months differs greatly from what I normally do since I accidentally fell and severed my right quadricep tendon in February. So after surgery, I am recovering and working at home - no classroom teaching for me! I do lots of writing on the laptop and design training materials all day.

When I get back up to speed, I can't wait to get back into my normal routine: work out twice a day, go out to great restaurants, cook great dinners for my boyfriend (including Paella and Sopa de Ajo) and oh yeah - ballroom dancing!

Tomas

[ 04-17-2001: Message edited by: tomas ]

#60004 - 04/17/01 06:56 PM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Hi, LindaB--
What did you think of that crazy snow yesterday?! Ugh! We lived in Fridley for a while before moving to south Mpls. My husband used to work in Arden Hills, too.

I have been to La Bodega, which is in Mpls on the corner of Lake and Lyndale (just south of Lake). It's a tapas bar/restaurant, with a pretty good selection of Spanish or Spanish-inspired foods. I'm not a wine-drinker, but my girlfriends always seem to happily polish off a few bottles of red. I like their sangría, too. Their calamares are quite good. They don't have ANY Spanish beers, for some reason.

There's also El Mesón, on Nicollet, I think--I haven't been there.

Maybe we can meet after your Spain trip. Actually, if you want, I can share lots of stuff from our trip there in March--I have guidebooks, Prado museum info, maps, etc. Let me know here or via regular e-mail if you would like any of that before you leave--my address is vanbrederode@yahoo.com.

#60005 - 04/17/01 08:25 PM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
mabella Offline

Loc: miami, fl. usa
Well I've worked for the past 13 years in the export industry. I am currently trying to get my major in Int'l Business but I started late and work full time so it's taking me awhile. I've lived all my life in Miami, Fl. where we are suppose to have a cold front come in tomorrow (it should go down to 60) laugh . I will be taking my first trip to spain in 2.5 weeks along with my husband(his second) and my parents in law. I'm addicted to this board and check it out every chance I get.

#60006 - 04/17/01 08:47 PM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
DavidB Offline

Loc: Adelaide, SA, Australia
Hi every-one

I'm 55 years young (its a "Baby Boomer" thing for those of you who aren't from that group of people) and am in love with Madrid and Spain. Which is something strange as Spain was "never" a country that was high on my "must see" agenda, until a very good friend of mine from Australia married a lovely Senorita from Madrid and has now settled there. We (my wife and I) attended their wedding in Madrid during our last European Trip.

I'm a General/Sales Manager of a Computer management organisation and I spend way toooo much time thinking and planning my (ours actually, as my wife has the same love affair with Spain as I do) trip to Spain, and a little bit of Europe as well.

Apart from work and trip planning I love my Grand-children, gardening and Basketball.

David

#60007 - 04/17/01 11:56 PM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
I wondered from Philadelphia area to Europe and on to Afghanistan,Pakistan & India for 6 years in the late 60's early 70's with one short stay in Spain in '72. Since then I have been a designer/merchandizer for ladies apparel in NYC and Pennsy., do lots of costuming,love art and music,travel annually to the Carib. and am finally returning to Spain for 2 weeks in June/July. The second week my 16 yr old daughter will participate in an International Soccer Tourn. in Palencia.

#60008 - 04/19/01 09:35 AM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
jmcarr Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
I'm a lawyer from Baltimore, Maryland. In college, I majored in Linguistics (Spanish and Russian, a combination that always got a lot of comments). Anyway, during law school, I somehow deviated from my plan to practice international law confused , and I don't actually do anything in my practice that uses the languages aside from the occasional client who doesn't speak much English. And I had more or less forgotten how much I adored Madrid when I visited about 10 years ago. I went back to Spain on vacation this winter and fell in love with the country again. I found MM's page when planning my trip and am now addicted. I have to check it everyday.

[ 04-19-2001: Message edited by: jmcarr ]

#60009 - 04/19/01 12:16 PM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
I'm a retired mechanical design engineer. Not by choice, but due to health reasons. I live in Illinois, but my heart is split between northern Wisconsin & Spain. (I believe the grass is really greener on the other side of the fence.)

Since my forced retirement, I have dabbled in writing both on and off the internet, including a newsletter that actually was subscribed to by over 100,000 people, and have been working at three different manuscripts for six years. With any luck at all, one will be finished by September. The one that I hope will reach the best seller ranks, and make me rich beyond my wildest imagination rolleyes

Listen - If you're going to dream, dream big!

Wolf

#60010 - 04/26/01 05:48 PM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
I am a figure skater, a student (somewhat) - I always like to learn, and I work in corporate development for an entertainment firm.

when I'm not on this site, I like to go to the movies, eat out at 5 star restaurants, and my golly TRAVEL!!! I ride bikes in the summer and go sailing or kayaking whenever the weather permits.

I don't cook a lot, but I love a good home cooked meal. Well, that's enough about me...roses.

p.s. And Wolfgang, you're right! If you're going to dream, dream big!!! - There's no other way.

[ 04-26-2001: Message edited by: roses ]

[ 04-27-2001: Message edited by: roses ]

#60011 - 04/27/01 05:23 AM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
I work here in Barcelona as a DBA with www.starmedia.com and also attend school for art restoration.

Next year I'll be heading to Madrid to attend the master's program in restoration at the University of Alcalá, and then a much desired career change out of the internet biz.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 930 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments