Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5985 - 08/17/03 12:11 PM Bed sizes
PakShoe Offline

Hello crowd!

I was just curious about bed sizes in Madrid. I need to reserve a room for next week and some of the hostals advertise single, double and triple rooms. We are a couple, so the question is: do we fit in a "single" room? What size bed can we expect? Is double room two separate beds or just larger bed?

Thanks for the info.

#5986 - 08/17/03 03:56 PM Re: Bed sizes
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
A single room usually means a room for only 1 person and it's not big enough for a couple.

The Spanish equivalente for a double room ("habitación doble") usually means a twin room. That is, two separate beds.

If you want a double bed, then ask for a "cama de matrimonio".

#5987 - 08/17/03 04:34 PM Re: Bed sizes
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
A double room could be two twin-sized beds in one room intended for two OR you may get a double bed - a bed big enough for two persons.

I have to tell you that in my experience beds in Spain are typically smaller than those in the USA in your standard hotel room but I think that's beginning to change with world-travel as it is today. I should also say that it seems to me the beds in hostels (called "hostales" in Spanish) are typically smaller/shorter-in-length than those in hotels

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5988 - 08/19/03 05:59 PM Re: Bed sizes
PakShoe Offline

Hi guys,

Thanks for the info. I asked for the cama de matrimonio. Let's hope for the best. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments