Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#59707 - 03/01/01 08:24 AM wanna visit barcelona?? Stay FREE!
kbc123 Offline

Loc: Barcelona, Spain
Hey, reading another thread about real estate, and how nice it would be for people who live here to offer their places to others on the board, etc, got me to thinking!

I'm desperate for a cat sitter for Easter week (SEMANA SANTA) here in Barcelona. I know its not Madrid, but hey, Barcelona is great too. You can stay FREE! But you can't travel too far away from Barcelona because you'll need to feed and love our two kitties each day.

I have a two bedroom apt (one double bed, one twin bed, plus a double air mattress), downtown ( FGC metro-Plaza Molina & San Gervasi, green line Metro-Fontana) on the edge of the Gracia & San Gervasi neighborhoods. Very conveniently located, with a plaza with outdoor cafe, bakeries, deli, grocery, etc. all within one block. Take the metro to the beach, or make a day trip out of taking the train up to the Costa Brava!

Reply or email me if you're seriously interested!

#59708 - 03/01/01 09:25 AM Re: wanna visit barcelona?? Stay FREE!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
kbc123, what a great idea!!! I don't think you'll have ANY problems finding someone (even from this board) to watch your kitties in Barcelona. I'd have to say you're a trusting person to let total strangers stay at your Barcelona pad for free, just to watch your cats. Hmm... Maybe I'll come over JUST for that! Sounds great to me!! If we here in the USA, in some of the more "attractive" cities like New York City and/or Los Angeles (or other California cities) were as trusting to do a "house swap" I think it would be wonderful.

Anyone WANT to stay FREE in Barcelona at kbc123's place during Semana Santa?? What dates exactly would one be able to stay? Good luck! Should be easy...

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#59709 - 03/01/01 10:00 PM Re: wanna visit barcelona?? Stay FREE!
abrand Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon USA
Hi - I'm certainly interested in housesitting. I have two cats myself who I will miss terribly during my trip to Spain. What are the exact dates that you need someone?

Amber

#59710 - 03/02/01 01:54 PM Re: wanna visit barcelona?? Stay FREE!
kbc123 Offline

I guess dates would help, huh?

We don't have any plans yet (but will probably try to go back to the states to begin the visa application process, as we'll be changing from student status to residents for next year) so we can be flexible.

My husband has vacation starting after class Friday April 6 and returns to class Tuesday April 17. We can be a little flexible on start or end dates around that time frame (like if you were to arrive on that Saturday or leave that Sunday, etc).

And, by the way, I did apartment exchanges (without the cats, though) this summer with people in Paris and Amsterdam, and everyone was really nice and very respectful of people's property, so maybe I'm naive, but hey, its worked out great for us before!

Hope you can make it!!!!

#59711 - 03/05/01 08:56 AM Re: wanna visit barcelona?? Stay FREE!
kbc123 Offline

I've put some pictures of my piso online so you can check it out. I have more pics, but they're not scanned yet, so check back in a couple of days. It's nice, trust me!

I'm still looking for someone, so please reply if you're interested!
http://content.communities.msn.com/BarcelonaPhotoAlbum/PhotoAlbum

then click on My apartment

Kim

#59712 - 03/05/01 09:59 AM Re: wanna visit barcelona?? Stay FREE!
megs Offline

Hi. I just found this web site today and bam, already a generic offer for a week in barcelona! I would love to cat sit for you. I will be arriving in Madrid in late March but would like to travel and Barcelona is one of my favorite cities. I can stay as long as you want as my trip to Spain is through August. Anyway, please email me and let me know and that way I can tell you more about myself and my situation a bit more privately. ( megs_mg@hotmail.com ).

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 03-05-2001).]

#59713 - 03/05/01 11:24 AM Re: wanna visit barcelona?? Stay FREE!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow, megs!! BAM!! You've walked into the jackpot with YOUR name on it!! What luck. However, not to make you wrinkle your nose, but probably the polite thing would be to email kbc123 yourself instead of asking her to email you since she's the one offering the apartment for free. Just a VERY friendly comment/suggestion, that's all. click on the ENVELOPE icon next to kbc123's last posting to get her email address.

Have a GREAT time in Madrid and Barcelona, megs!!! I'm sure you will.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 808 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments