Hi all,

First off I'll say I only found this website today and have been reading it for the past three hours. So much information! Fantastic site!

I am off to Madrid on 16th Aug for nine days and I have a slight dilema. I was supposed to be staying with a friend but it seems he *might* not be there. Would it be sensible to book a hostel now (with just over a week to go) or could I wait a week to see if he will be there and still manage to get somewhere if he's not?