MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#59540 - 01/30/01 10:34 AM Re: cockroach question
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
For whatever it's worth guys, those flying 747s of the cockroach world seem to be pretty much indigenous to the tropics and semi-tropics ...

#59541 - 01/30/01 12:34 PM Re: cockroach question
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
I cannot help it, I feel insulted every time that I see questions like this (even if they are just inocent questions). Is like if they are thingking that Spain is a 3rd world country.
But I hope you understand me, after hearing questions like, is water potable in Spain? Do you have microwaves? do we have computers there... and now this question...

#59542 - 01/30/01 01:13 PM Re: cockroach question
canadiense Offline

Loc: Magstadt, GERMANY
Ah, come on Nuria, Yankee ignorance makes the world go round. Think about how boring life would be without clueless Americans asking all these sorts of fun questions. They treat Canada like a 3rd world country, let alone Spain. On second thought, Canada gets treated with 2nd world status, so we're one up on you spaniards.

Actually, I better be careful what I say. Looks like dan and abby are just across the river from me, and you know how all yankees are gun crazed maniacs!

#59543 - 01/30/01 03:23 PM Re: cockroach question
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
Puna,

I don't think that these flying roaches are not indigeneous of semi or subtropics area. I remember one time when I visited a friend in Matappan, MA, her apartment had flying roaches that she only stayed less than a month.

How are you?

#59544 - 01/30/01 04:04 PM Re: cockroach question
connie Offline

What? In Massachusetts? You must be kidding!! I thought the terribly cold weather here at least saved us from unpleasant bugs!

#59545 - 01/30/01 06:41 PM Re: cockroach question
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
If there was a country that had a monopoly on cucarachas, we could lay into them...
Alas, we ALL have cockroaches, and therefore have no business getting "offended" when someone asks about 'roaches or fleas or some other bug. Relax, Nuria. Cristobal, ALL Latin American countries are small, and they ALL have cucarachas, so which would you like me to pick on, Belize?

I've had friends go to the D.R. and have to wear flea collars around their ankles to "stay the herds"...they loved the D.R., in spite of the fleas. I think people want to know what to expect.

Better yet, why don't you all visit Minnesota or Alaska in the summertime and enjoy the mosquitos...know what I mean, Canadiense??? BTW: I've been up to Canada on a number of occasions. I was happy to see indoor plumbing on my latest visit last year. Go Canucks!

#59546 - 01/30/01 07:03 PM Re: cockroach question
Guapetona Offline

I actually had someone ask me if there was any toilet paper in Spain. Yes, toilet paper! What can you say in the face of such ignorance? LAUGH and the's exactly what I did! When they get there they will see for themselves what its like..

#59547 - 01/31/01 08:19 AM Re: cockroach question
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
Connie,

I am not kidding, there are flying roaches in Massachusetts, even in New York. Here in the Washington, D.C. area, roaches and rats are a problem. Roaches can live in cold places (inside our houses).

#59548 - 01/31/01 11:06 AM Re: cockroach question
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Actually Guapetona, you can answer two questions at once: Is there toilet paper/is there sandpaper in Spain? They are one and the same...and my "trasero" will never be the same!!!!

#59549 - 01/31/01 02:00 PM Re: cockroach question
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Guapetona - we used to be asked if we spoke English in Hawaii - Travel "helps expand the mnind and soul" as someone said ... and I suppose we all have something to learn - be it reference toilet paper, languages or cock-a-roaches. Mclarke - actually the creepy crawely kind are everywhere - not necessarily based on cleanliness or lack thereof - oldest living creatures on the planet - they date back to the dinasaur age - TeroniusRexRoach or somesuch. Anyway - the fact that the roach is pre-historic is supposedly what makes it so hardy. Honestly didn't know the colder climates had the flying kind thou ...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments