Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#59409 - 02/01/01 01:38 AM Re: the great people on this board.
Cristobal Offline

Loc: San Francisco CA USA
I think some people need to relax. But I would have to agree, most of us Americans tend to be very ignorant towards other peoples lifestyles. It's the "IN AMERICA WE DO IT THIS WAY" attitude. If my American friends act this way, I hide behide my Salvadoran passport and say that I just met these Americans on the train. Thank goodness for dual citizenship. Oh by the way, In El Salvador, every guard in front of a McDonald's, Pizza Hut, grocery store or bank has A VERY LARGE SEMI-AUTOMATIC RIFLE. Signing out Cristobal, gunless in the United States

#59410 - 02/01/01 07:55 AM Re: the great people on this board.
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Cristobal-- why do the guards have guns? Is it to 'protect Americans?' Or the McD's store itself? Aphra: thanks for the NYC suggestions and the namoe of Plaza. I love zarzuela, but won't have time on this trip to go....

#59411 - 02/01/01 10:06 AM Re: the great people on this board.
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Posting statements that 90% of Americans are clueless and 60% of Canadians are is nonsense. I have lived half of my life in Europa and half in the United States and met plenty of idiots in both places. And there are roaches everywhere also.

#59412 - 02/01/01 11:07 AM Re: the great people on this board.
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
rgf- I think the guns are to keep people safe from the gigantic cockroaches at McDonald's. You never can pack enough heat for the "gigantus roachicus ronaldus."

#59413 - 02/01/01 02:20 PM Re: the great people on this board.
canadiense Offline

Loc: Magstadt, GERMANY
Asterault, whaddaya mean my comments are nonsense?

Those numbers are pulled from the last US and Canadian censuses (say that 3 times fast)respectively. I am surprised people fill out those sections of the census myself, but what do I know.

OK, now take a deep breath, OF COURSE THOSE NUMBERS ARE NONESENSE. Estoy bromeando. Soy chistoso, and not a particularly good one at that.

As for Dan running to MadridMan to try and get me kicked off the board (hence this topic) and calling me stupid, all is forgiven. I didn't realize that you had such a delicate constitution and would take such offence to an obviously joking comment from me. Your question was a good one and totally valid (insert sound of me kissing your butt here), I was just making light of Nuria's post.

If you decide to stick around, I shall handle you with kid gloves, I promise. Just no more tattletaling to MadridMan on me

#59414 - 02/01/01 02:26 PM Re: the great people on this board.
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Oops, I feel responsible for the anger of our friend Summerinspain. Well, you don't know me but since I started writting here I got into troubles because I cannot express myself very well in English (I've only been here for 1 1/2 years) Same thing happen with El Viejo, I said something in a very rude way, but I swear that I didn't mean it (and I felt really bad). I know that your questions are inocent and you don't mean to insult, you are trying to get some info. That's why I said that I cannot help it... I mean, I know that you don't want to upset anybody but I cannot help to get upset when I hear something negative about my country. I am sorry if I offended you.
Best regards,
Nuria

#59415 - 02/01/01 03:43 PM Re: the great people on this board.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have no idea what the original question was... but for what it´s worth, I´ve been in Spain now for six months and I haven´t seen a single bug! Absolutely amazing.

#59416 - 02/01/01 05:01 PM Re: the great people on this board.
Jaime Offline

I can see things from both Nuria's and Summerinspain's point of view. It seems like alot of people think Spain and Mexico are the same sometimes and if I was an Espanola I might be offended too, although I don't think that's why Summerinspain asked. Also, what's with this American bashing Canadiense? Do you get some kind of kick out of being conflictual? The majority of the posters here are American and are not ignorant by any standard. If you would like to participate in some real quality US bashing I suggest you try out www.lonelyplanet.com Then you could get your real jollies with a bunch of your own countrymen. Here we like to play nice.

[This message has been edited by Jaime (edited 02-01-2001).]

#59417 - 02/01/01 09:24 PM Re: the great people on this board.
aphra Offline

Loc: New York City, USA
Hey, everyone--we need to stop this now. Seriously. Here's a community of very nearly 1000 people who have counted on each other for information, advice, humor, good-natured jibes...let's get back to that! Leaving aside the bruised feelings of some of the posters on this thread, let's think for a moment about the guy who built and monitors this site. Remember him? How'd you like to have devoted as huge a chunk of your brains, heart, and LIFE to making this what it is to and for all of us and see so much pointless infighting on this thread? In true MadridMan spirit, let's go back to talking about what makes Madrid such a special place--and this Web site such an incredible means of (virtually) transporting ourselves there!

#59418 - 02/01/01 11:48 PM Re: the great people on this board.
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
By the power vested in me on the website of MadridMan.com , I hearby close this thread as the topic has clearly "run its course" and nothing more can be gained by continuing (except for hurt feelings).

Saudos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments