MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#59304 - 01/25/01 11:52 PM Re: Super Bowl en Espanya y todo el mundial
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Majesty318, did you see it LIVE in Sevilla last year? Didn't it start at like 2:00am and finish at 6:00am? Maybe it was tape delayed?? I wouldn't think most Spaniards would have much interest in watching the game, but the resulting score still usually makes it to the front page of the major newspapers.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#59305 - 01/26/01 09:18 AM Re: Super Bowl en Espanya y todo el mundial
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I think it was around 10 or so that it started, because I didn't stay for much of it and I went back to our hotel probably around 12 or 1. I don't think there actually were any Spaniards in the bar, just a bunch of Americans whose study abroad programs just happened to have a trip to Andalucía that week... that was my situation.

#59306 - 01/27/01 03:39 AM Re: Super Bowl en Espanya y todo el mundial
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Caminante-

In 1994 I saw Spain beat Bolivaia 3-1 at Chicago's Soldier Field in the opening round of the World Cup. Spain made it to the semi finals that year (I think). It was the first international soccer (sorry, "futbol") match I'd ever seen, and the level of competition was fantastic. But even better were the Spanish and Bolivian fans in Chicago, who marched down Colombus Blvd. to the stadium on each side chanting and singing their national songs and cheers to each other. What a sight. I've been an international soccer (oops, "Futbol") fan ever since. But this is The Super Bowl!! Nothing can match this for a one-day sporting event.

Where are those Ravens fans, who KNOW their team is going to be victorious? Sorry, but I'm sticking with the Giants!

Next Year ( He Said, Dreaming) The Chicago Bears!!

#59307 - 01/27/01 11:39 AM Re: Super Bowl en Espanya y todo el mundial
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
It is quite a production, however it really is only of much interest to people in the United States and I assume Canada. People outside of those countries don't really like the game itself very much.

#59308 - 01/27/01 06:03 PM Re: Super Bowl en Espanya y todo el mundial
cantabene Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
Not everyone does like it. I live in Baltimore, home of one of the contending teams, where they have projected purple lights (the team color) on many public buildings. But not everyone is a fan.
I think of it as superbore.

This is a poor city, with rampant crime and much poverty. It's all part of the idea that if you give people bread and circuses (little bread, however,) they will forget our local government's ineptitude. Although Baltimore now has a new and forceful mayor, so that tradition might one day end. Or at least be reduced to tolerable limits.
Cantabene

#59309 - 01/28/01 03:01 AM Re: Super Bowl en Espanya y todo el mundial
nevado Offline

We usually went to Finnegans to watch the Superbowl live - very difficult to go to work on Monday. One year I even saw it in Cercedilla- that was wierd!!

#59310 - 01/31/01 01:33 PM Re: Super Bowl en Espanya y todo el mundial
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
I can't think of Baltimore without hearing the first few notes of Randy Newman's haunting song. "Baltimore, man it's hard just to live"

#59311 - 01/31/01 01:38 PM Re: Super Bowl en Espanya y todo el mundial
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
gotta love those crabcakes, though!!

#59312 - 02/04/01 04:45 AM Re: Super Bowl en Espanya y todo el mundial
vinniemafalda Offline

Loc: Valencia, Spain
Nuria, and in Segunda we have the superbowls...
Atleti Glorioso vs Getafe
:'((((((((((((
Atleti vs Leganés
:'((((((
Atleti vs Majadahonda next year si no espabilamos
buaaaaaa
pero este año gamamos la copa!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments