Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#59253 - 11/23/01 09:28 AM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Hi MissM - I tried Starbucks when I was in the US earlier this year. The coffee was served in a paper cup half-filled with a thin milky foam. I couldn't finish it (let me say, I've had way worse here in the UK - this is the coffee pits of the universe!). Anyhow, if my experience was in any way normal I find it hard to believe a Spanish person would prefer that dismal concoction to what any little bar on any street will serve.

And B-King - well, they're everywhere. They opened one in the barrio de mis suegros en Malaga last year - I had the same reaction as you when I saw it - "Oh no! they're coming, they're gonna ruin everything". My wife just laughed "ŋQué más da? Que no pasa nada". And itīs true, que no pasa nada, now I donīt even see it and Iīm still in Bar Pries with my cafe con leche doble (en un vaso!) y una tostada con aceite.

Spain can absorb this junk without being changed for the worse. Keep the faith!

un abrazo.

#59254 - 11/23/01 10:33 AM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
iwalanic Offline

Loc: Washington DC
Miss Madrid,
Pardon the stupid questions but what exactly is VIPS and how did you make the transition from illegal to legal? confused

#59255 - 11/24/01 01:27 AM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Let me interject here: VIPS is the strangest place you'll visit in Spain. Is it a Circle K? Is it a Denny's? Just what the infierno is VIPS? VIPS has schlocky decor, cheesy food, and no personality (that was, until MM98 started there... :)) The last time I went to VIPS, I had pancakes (eeeyech! :() and on my way out purchased batteries and a magazine. Gimme the local fare at ANY bar on ANYday over VIPS!!! [But they can't be all bad if they hired MM98!!] laugh

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: CaliBasco ]

#59256 - 11/26/01 10:15 AM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
simple forum update here...

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#59257 - 11/27/01 07:57 AM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
VIPS is a chain restaurant in spain. they need alot of employees so they do the paperwork for immigrants (well now they dont) so i started working for them so i could be legal. there are 1,800 immigrants working for VIPS and i am the first and only american working for them!

#59258 - 12/18/01 11:15 AM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
missmadrid98 Offline

yo yo yo yo whatīs up!!!!!!!!!!!! guess what????????? i picked up my spanish i.d. last week!!!!!!!!!!!! thatīs it the last stesp i am fully legal and work anywhere and o anyting in spain. i got my card and iīm all set, i can now leave VIPS and get an other job i ablsolutely hate working there. i am looking into working for the AVE, the high speed train the goes from madrid-sevilla as a stewardess. the interviews are in january and to apply for the job you need a high level of english (not a problem for me) so wish me luck!!! they pay 185,000 pts a month and you spend at least one night week in sevilla (not a problem for me either). yoo hoo... i will happily show all of you my bad ass i.d. at el brillante when we all hook up!!!! very happy. itīs freezing righ tn ow in mdrid, and colder here in el escorial, i can barely feel my hands as i type. , well people i will see some of you soon!!!

#59259 - 12/18/01 03:47 PM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
Missmadrid98: !!Es hora de celebrar!! We are all so proud of you. Good luck finding a better job!!!!!

#59260 - 12/19/01 02:44 PM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
vieve Offline

Loc: Hartford
MM98... i'm kinda new to the message board, but i've been reading some of the old messages and as everyone has said several times over, your story is VERY encouraging... I'm coming to Spain in January for a week in order to research jobs and apartments in Madrid... i want to move there next October... any suggestions??? I'll be there from the 13-21st of January... in Madrid... any clues would be soooo appreciated... i graduated from college in May w/ a double major of Spanish education and Management...?????

#59261 - 03/21/02 07:18 AM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
missmadrid98 Offline

yooooo whatīs uppppp itīs meeeeeeeee!!! i havenīt had the time to write i work alot and am very busy. but that is all changing soon cause i am quitting VIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so happy! the 31st of march is my last day and i couldnīt explain my feeling of sheer joy that i have that i wonīt ever have to walk into that place again (ya it doesnīt sound like i am fed up with VIPS does it??) well i will just be teaching english now. i am looking for a little more night classes to make up for the money i wonīt be making from VIPS anymore. i am planning on going to the Feria de Abril in Sevilla and the Feria de Cordoba in May. I live in the center of madrid now, i had to leave my beloved town of San Lorenzo De El Escorial, but i can always go visit. i will be goign there for a few days in semana santa to see my friends and my monastery. I live with my argentine friend victoria and my cat tomatito in Barrio del Pilar. i am soo happy. i was reading my posts from when i started my life here, to how it is now, amazing how things work themselves out. i am starting a new flamenco class in april as well so i am very excited about that. i have to go eat now and go teach. i am goign to have a pincho de tortilla and a cafe leche! i am so happy! oh ya one more thing since i havenīt been free for a while, i have had no time to update my site. but i have so much info i canīt wait to put on, but i will try when i have a day free and a cmputer to use!

#59262 - 03/21/02 08:26 AM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hey MissMadrid!

You won't be by any chance related to all the scandal going on these days with "the Misses", will you? wink

Tomatito! great name for a pet! (I'm guessing you know the flamenco singer)

ĄSaludos y buena suerte con tus clases!

Pim

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments