Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#59177 - 01/19/01 11:42 AM Spring Break vs July (Madrid)
Moni215 Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
I was in Madrid for 3 weeks this past July, I had a great time and really wish that I could go back this coming July. however, I have seen some outrageous airfares. I think that i will try to go during the week of Spring Break April 7 - 16th. What exciting things are happening during this time? Are the clubs still jumping, as they are in July. One more thing, what is the weather like during April??? Someone please respond. Thanks

#59178 - 01/19/01 12:07 PM Re: Spring Break vs July (Madrid)
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
April is great in Madrid; clubs will be jumping. Airfares will increase after March 15 but still be cheaper than summer, as long as it is not EASTER WEEK. If you liked Madrid in July you will LOVE it in April!

#59179 - 01/19/01 12:54 PM Re: Spring Break vs July (Madrid)
Moni215 Offline

rgf,
thanks for your reply. then, i will shoot for april. i guess i will be going during the week of Easter. is this a bad time? anyway, I'm going to check out some cheap hostels,if you think of cool places for me to check out during that week, let me know. moni

#59180 - 01/19/01 01:48 PM Re: Spring Break vs July (Madrid)
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
Moni215

I don’t know about the situation in Madrid but its Semana Santa starting 8.4.01 and Sevilla is starting to fill-up fast I know because I have just booked for the 8th. I would book now if I were you.

steveaqui

#59181 - 01/19/01 03:18 PM Re: Spring Break vs July (Madrid)
Moni215 Offline

steveaqui,
thanks, i am in the process of booking my flight and searching for a place to stay. what kind of festival is this that's happening on the 8th of april?
i am looking for some reasonable hostels, i have a few in mind but i have not had the chance to check to see if they have vacancies, do you have any suggestions?

pardon my dumbness, that is Easter Week

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 01-19-2001).]

#59182 - 01/19/01 04:24 PM Re: Spring Break vs July (Madrid)
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
Moni215
Yes that’s it Easter Week festivities and in Sevilla the prices double.
Have a look on this site for places to stay. Type pensions etc & Madrid if you have no luck ask again and I’m sure people can give you others to try. The thing to watch is that it’s often harder to get a single room rather than a double. If I were going alone at a busy time I would find a reasonably priced pension and pay for a double.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments