Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#59158 - 01/08/01 02:17 AM butterflies and nausea!
eight earrings Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY USA
oh my!! i think i am way too nervous right now... i cannot sleep and it's 2am and i have butterflies in my stomach and i think i'm going to throw up... and i don;t even leave til tuesday (one more day). i've never been this nervous before! i hope i don't forget my spanish when i get there or blank out...

just stressing. i've never done anything like this before and it's really setting in now that my life is going to be dramatically different in less than 40 hours...

-amy s.

p.s. you don't really have to reply, unless you want to. i just wanted to vent and share my nervous energy with all of you because i am surely not sleeping well tonite!!

#59159 - 01/08/01 03:29 AM Re: butterflies and nausea!
ilovemadrid Offline

Loc: Hawaii
Hi Amy,
I know the feeling, I felt like that before leaving for Spain also. Don´t worry, you will not blank out on your Spanish, at the beginning it might be a little hard to adjust to Spanish all the time but you will surprise yourself at how much you know and will be able to say. I hope that you have a wonderful time, keep us updated, ¿de acuerdo?. Take some deep breaths and cherish these moments!!!

#59160 - 01/08/01 11:36 AM Re: butterflies and nausea!
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
Amy-
Good luck to you. Just convert that nervousness into positive energy and you will do just fine! You are about to embark on one of the most wonderful experiences in your life-savor every moment!!! Good luck and keep in touch!
Jen

#59161 - 01/08/01 12:20 PM Re: butterflies and nausea!
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
I know just how you feel. Before I went to Spain for my junior year, all I could do was lay in bed for days. I was practically paralyzed with nervousness - and I had travelled and lived outside the U.S. before!

You are going to be fine. Have a wonderful time!

#59162 - 01/08/01 07:53 PM Re: butterflies and nausea!
Wendy E Offline

You are going to have a fantastic time. I loved my semester abroad. Just remember, don't overpack!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments