Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#58752 - 12/11/00 05:21 PM Deje Nieve, Deja Nieve, Deje Nieve!
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Just sitting here in Chicago lookin' out the front window. Ther is about, oh, I'd say ten inches of wet new snow on the ground, and a check with the weather channel says no end in sight today.My little side street is a undulating series of two foot high drifts; I haven't seen a car go by in a half hour. After all this blows over, temps for the rest of the week probably won't get above 20(f). Man, I want to be on the back nine of Valderrama right now! Or sipping a cool sangria and watching the sunset at Sanlucar. Anywhere but here!!. Oh, well. On the bright side, it IS beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Peace to all...

#58753 - 12/11/00 06:22 PM Re: Deje Nieve, Deja Nieve, Deje Nieve!
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Enjoy it while you have it Kurt! I would love to have that much snow here right now in Boise Idaho. We have the surrounding mountains full of it but nothing yet in the valley that hasn't melted away in a day or so. Having everything all white and frosty just looks so cool!

Leche

#58754 - 12/11/00 06:33 PM Re: Deje Nieve, Deja Nieve, Deje Nieve!
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
I have to admit, I really miss the snow. It would probably drive me crazy after a few weeks like it did in college, when you are walking everywhere or waiting for the bus or riding your bike somewhere, tilting under the force of the wind.

Nonetheless, I drove six hours a few Sundays ago just to go "look at snow."

Incidentally, anyone ever gone skiing in Spain?

What was it like - good skiing, bad skiing?

#58755 - 12/11/00 06:33 PM Re: Deje Nieve, Deja Nieve, Deje Nieve!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow Kurt! You're in that? Sheesh! 2 of our people had meetings in Chicago today. They flew TO Chicago, flew AROUND the city, then flew right back to Columbus, Ohio... then they came back to work. hehehe.. Poor things.

Well, at this point, I'D RATHER have snow because it's been raining here most of the day! I come home and... guess what! It's raining INSIDE too!! I have leaks in 4 places in my bedroom: ON the bedside table, ruined my phone and three books (including an OLD one of Spanish stories), one dripping BEHIND the bed, and 2 more over the window sil. Luckily, NONE of them are over my bed.... YET! But it is damp up there (in the air conditioning duct)... My god. I think I'll be sleeping on the futon tonight to the not-so-gentle DRIP! DRIP! DRIP! alllll night long. GREAT! I have a king sized waterbed, but by morning my bedroom might become a wading pool!! (yes, I have buckets/pans strategically placed ALL over)

Grrrrrr, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58756 - 12/11/00 07:54 PM Re: Deje Nieve, Deja Nieve, Deje Nieve!
MunchiMike Offline

Loc: San Francisco, California, U.S...
Hi Mr. MadridMan, I just checked you out on yer cam, and you do a little like you had a rough night! just kidding!...ciao for now.....Rev. Mike

#58757 - 12/11/00 07:56 PM Re: Deje Nieve, Deja Nieve, Deje Nieve!
MunchiMike Offline

Loc: San Francisco, California, U.S...
P.S. if you traveled with a tent , you'd not only be prepared, you'd be right at home at home..... Rev. Mke

#58758 - 12/11/00 09:17 PM Re: Deje Nieve, Deja Nieve, Deje Nieve!
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
MadridMan, you have my sympathies. At least all the snow here is on the outside!And since Chicago is as flat as a billiard's table, no skiing (except the x-country kind- The only way to get around right now!). Well, the trains are still running, so i'll have to go to work tommorrow. Glad to know my compadres are still out there. Actually, I just changed jobs, and I just learned I'm one of the few in the office that needs internet access. HOORAAY!! Soon I'll be surfing and daydreaming just like I used to.

Peace..........

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments