Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#58609 - 12/02/00 07:31 AM ADSL line
nevado Offline

For all of you computer experts: I just had an ADSL line installed last week and I was wondering if you have any insight as to why the MM board takes much LONGER to load than w/o the line? Sometimes it takes up to a minute to click on a post! Arrrrr.

#58610 - 12/02/00 11:45 AM Re: ADSL line
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
The speed of your ADSL connection doesn't depend only on the bandwidth that you ISP provides you, but also on the load that the server hosting Madridman's site is having.

If a server is under heavy load, even the fastest connection you can imagine won't give you more speed.

I'm wondering if there is a problem at the server because I've noticed a reduction in the speed when I connect to Madridman's board.

Antonio

#58611 - 12/02/00 01:13 PM Re: ADSL line
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Nevado, have you tried the comparison lately? Try it now and tell us the time it takes to load each if you can. I did add a hotels banner at the bottom of all message board pages on Monday (I think). This banner graphic comes from an external source. The slowdown might be attributed to this, I can't be sure. For me, with my dial-up connection, it takes about as long now as it did before. Also, the growing and sheer HUGEness in message board size overall with all its messages might have something to do with it.

Coincidentally, I got an email yesterday from my webhosting company saying that I was at 65% capacity on monthly transfer rates. I've NEVER come close to reaching my limit before. I can only guess the website is getting much more traffic than before. Also, it's possible that during peak traffic hours, when a lot of people are accessing pages/information from the madridman.com webhosting server that this slows down the access for everyone. Antonio, what do you think? Sound logical? Having said this, there hasn't been a significant increase in the number of hits during this past week so I'm still not sure why it's just now slowing down for you, nevado.

Anyone else notice a slowdown?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58612 - 12/03/00 06:56 AM Re: ADSL line
nevado Offline

Thanks for your input Antonio and MM! It is much faster this time! I'll keep you "posted" (no pun intended )!

#58613 - 12/11/00 09:05 PM Re: ADSL line
MunchiMike Offline

Loc: San Francisco, California, U.S...
But really now folks, tsk tsk tsk, dsl NOT FAST ENOUGH? is there some hypocrisy here?...Rev. MIke

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments