Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#58526 - 01/05/02 09:36 PM Re: Morning Board
JJP Offline

Loc: ca.eeuu
I stumbled upon this great website a month ago, after typing "MADRID" into Google. I was desperately looking for pictures and text for my second jaunt (in four months - yee-haw) to España; specifically to Madrid this time around.

I had always been skeptical and leery of meeting people on the Internet. Maybe I was just being uppity, but now I know what a great experience this can be. Thanks, again (I'm afraid of your ego eek ), Madrid Man.

I've made a few good Spanish email friends. This technology is great - meeting and establishing friendships from almost ten thousand miles away!

Once again, I agree with Fernando - this is addictive. Thanks everyone (and yes, definitely you MM wink ). Thanks for the opportunity to intact with rational, friendly, and generally like-minded people from afar!

I also spend more time here than I should - no complaints from me, though...

#58527 - 01/06/02 04:06 AM Re: Morning Board
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I am also one of those people that checks the boards about three times a day, but hardly ever posts, but you guys all make me feel a little less strange for being so obsessed with a country not my own. I am glad I am not alone in this.

Thanks.

#58528 - 01/09/02 02:45 PM Re: Morning Board
vieve Offline

Loc: Hartford
there is a huge discrepency between the number of posts i've got and the number of times i check in here each day... i'm a receptionist who has NOTHING better to do all day than play around on the internet... so looking for new posts and reading through old posts is one of the few things that keeps me awake and entertained! although it's been 2 years since i've been to Spain, i'm VERY VERY excited to say that i'm going back this coming Sunday for a week... and this time it's not for school... it's to look for jobs smile
so... i'm glad that this thread has gotten resurrected yet again... giving me the chance to say hi smile

question: everyone seems to know each other so well... it's kind of intimidating when you're still kinda new... did it just take time to get really involved in the board?

have great days and nights!

Vieve

#58529 - 01/09/02 03:36 PM Re: Morning Board
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Good luck Vieve! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

#58530 - 01/09/02 04:09 PM Re: Morning Board
Tia Offline

What a luxurious job you have, Vieve! Access to the MMboard all day long - I´m not envious at all rolleyes.

Have a great trip and don´t forget to tell us all about it! Tia smile

#58531 - 01/09/02 05:16 PM Re: Morning Board
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hi Vieve!

I'm a recepcionist too!!! I too have access to the internet all day, however I'm extremely busy with work.
I'm also trying to switch jobs(again!) frown

Feel free to get in touch with me while you're here if you need anything; maybe I can give you some "Madrid-style-job-hunting-tips" wink

Paloma

#58532 - 01/10/02 09:20 AM Re: Morning Board
vieve Offline

Loc: Hartford
Pim,

I would appreciate ANY tips you're offering!
I think that I'm pretty prepared to come and start searching for jobs... but there may be some details that I've neglected... I have 2 sets of resumes, both of which are written in English and in Spanish, 2 sets of business cards, a cover letter written in both languages, passport-sized photos to go along w/ the resumes, and a rented cell phone so that I can be reached... does that sound like a good start???

thanks sooo much smile
do you have access to IM?

Vieve

#58533 - 01/10/02 09:48 AM Re: Morning Board
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Morning Board!!! Thanks again for making the message board what it is! smile

(side note: vieve, be sure to check the "Working In Spain" forum)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58534 - 01/10/02 09:50 AM Re: Morning Board
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
So much friendship, goodwill, sharing, warmth and common interests! The ONLY thing missing from this board is a fresh batch of churros!!!

Churrito
(who also checks every morning from work, since she is a writer stuck in her own window-less office and has constant internet access)

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

#58535 - 03/23/03 01:20 AM Re: Morning Board
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I happened upon this year-old thread and thought it could bring us just a little bit of happiness in our lives and love for our fellow-man. We need it these days.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments