MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#58506 - 03/02/01 11:42 PM Re: Morning Board
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow, Wolfgang81. I'm truly touched. <sniff!> No kidding. We're all sincerely happy to have someone like you with us here everyday - someone who TRULY loves Spain. And I'm proud you think so much of the message board and that you hold it so highly in your life. Thank you.

Saludos, MadridMan <sniff!>

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58507 - 03/03/01 12:31 PM Re: Morning Board
Catalina Offline

Loc: Madison ,WI, USA
Ha! I get to read the message board many, many times, all day long - and it's part of my job! I'm a high school Spanish teacher in a school where we have a modified "block schedule". This means that 2 days a week my Spanish classes are 90 min. long. Keeping a teenager's attention for 90 min. is daunting. My upper level classes get to log onto MadridMAn for the last 30 min. of the period and they LOVE the message board. They've learned more about Spanish culture in the 4 months that we've been doing this than from all the books and lectures. They're prevented by the school district from joining a "chat room" or message board on school computers but they enjoy reading what y'all write. I'm VERY appreciative of your literate and often eloquent language and the totally inoffensive nature of the message board. There aren't many sites that I can send them to without concern for offensive language and/or content. Thanks to all of you for making my job easier and more enjoyable!

[This message has been edited by Catalina (edited 03-03-2001).]

#58508 - 06/22/01 08:06 AM Re: Morning Board
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I have decided to resurrect this old thread which spanned nearly 7 months because, well, I'm feeling greatful to have you all here with me every morning (and mid-morning, afternoon, mid-afternoon, evening, and late-night when I can't sleep), keeping me company with your/our discussions about the place we all love so dearly.

Almost nothing warms my heart more than to see there are many others in this big world whom share my passions, concerns, hopes, dreams, and memories.

So. "Morning Board!" You're a great bunch of warm and helpful people, many of whom I consider friends. Thank you. smile Thank you all laugh (you can all roll your eyes now rolleyes wink )

Greatfully yours, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58509 - 06/22/01 08:20 AM Re: Morning Board
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
rolleyes laugh

Wolf (Who only rolls his eyes for special events since it takes a lot of work, and that's a four letter word, ain't it?)

#58510 - 06/22/01 08:37 AM Re: Morning Board
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
rolleyes laugh Anchovy (Who is always rolling his eyes, because he pulls people's legs unmercifully and dreams of one day being a master at it like CaliBasco)

#58511 - 06/22/01 09:37 AM Re: Morning Board
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
From Jo-Anne
(Who loves visiting every day, but still wishes she had come up with a more original member name rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes )

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: Jo-Anne ]

#58512 - 06/22/01 10:03 AM Re: Morning Board
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
cool wink laugh smile :p rolleyes cool
From Kurt (who actually is not "curt" to anyone, but trys to be quite congenial!)

Hvae a great day everyone! Its Friday and the Cubs are STILL in First Place! laugh

#58513 - 06/22/01 10:21 AM Re: Morning Board
SusiLaGallega Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi MadridMan!
I'm sooo glad you chose to resurrect this great thread - otherwise I probably would have missed it!
I agree with ALL the above posts and must say that I too am at work when I check the message board. To say that I check it about 10 times a day is not an exaggeration! And when I find that there aren't any new posts since last I checked, I go digging into the archives and read the threads from before I discovered your website and became a junior member (NOW a member - WOOHOO!!! laugh ). I especially liked the thread "Spy/Watch MadridMan's Cleaning Crew!" That was some hilarious stuff! I LOVE IT!!! Never a dull moment, MadridMan!!! wink laugh smile
I too feel like I am part of a huge Spainlovers family here and cannot picture a day at work without the message board to keep me from being robot-like, and miserable! In all honesty, I look forward to coming to work because of the board and all the GREAT members that make it what it is! laugh
Thanks to you MadridMan, and to all of you who contribute your two cents and share your thoughts on "nuestra querida España"!!

SusiLaGallega

#58514 - 06/22/01 11:55 AM Re: Morning Board
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
Anchovy, to quote Mister Rogers..." I like you just the way you are!" smile

#58515 - 06/22/01 01:15 PM Re: Morning Board
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
:o

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 764 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments