Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#58302 - 11/13/00 11:19 PM new coffee table?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Very nice. Very, Santa Fe...

#58303 - 11/13/00 11:34 PM Re: new coffee table?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Nicole. I don't think I'm alone when I ask... What the heck are you talking about? I think they put too much MSG in your paella valenciana. hehehe... 8-) (yes, I know, just kidding)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58304 - 11/19/00 11:42 PM Re: new coffee table?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Oh come on, Nicole!! I've been dying of curiosity to know what you meant by your posting. PLEASE??? hehehe..

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58305 - 11/26/00 03:13 PM Re: new coffee table?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Can anyone make any guesses as to what Nicole's talking about here? I've been dying of curiosity for the last 2 weeks and she seemingly hasn't seen this/my reply. Let's be creative. What does everyone think?

Saludos, MadridMan

#58306 - 11/26/00 04:10 PM Re: new coffee table?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Anything to do with "Coffee Table" books for presents for hosts???????

Weird.

------------------
Madly in love with Madrid

#58307 - 11/26/00 07:05 PM Re: new coffee table?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Ooops! sorry. I didn't see that you had responded until today. Youd think with as much as I am on this dang board, I wouldn't miss a thing!

It's kind of silly actually. I was admiring the coffee table in your living room. I had never really looked at your web cam picture until recently (I always race to the board), except when you were talking about your carpet cleaner guy. By the way, does that guy know that there are six hundred Spanophiles admiring his cleaning skills

I Thought maybe you had picked it up in Santa Fe, but maybe you just moved it out of the way for the cleaners.

See, I think this proves that I really need to get a life!!!

P.S. I really like the new radio and tv links you added! I don't have a tv (part of my moving saga), so Spanish and French radio/tv sites have been keeping me pretty happy - and practicing the languages

[This message has been edited by Nicole (edited 11-26-2000).]

#58308 - 11/26/00 07:12 PM Re: new coffee table?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

AHA!!! Finally!! Hehee... Nope, my coffee table, as seen on MadridMan's LIVE Cam isn't new and isn't from New Mexico either. I've had it for about 8 or 9 years and is WAY too big for my little living room. I like the parkay inlay though. NOW it all makes sense. Thanks for clearing this up! I can stop having dreams about your posting now. hehehe..

Saludos, MadridMan

#58309 - 11/27/00 11:03 AM Re: new coffee table?
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
That is so funny- Hey everyone...speaking of MM's apartment...does anyone think he could use a "woman's touch"? By the way, MM, were you playing with your dollies yesterday? We caught you! :-)

[This message has been edited by Jen (edited 11-27-2000).]

#58310 - 11/27/00 11:16 AM Re: new coffee table?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Umm... that was no dolly. (HAHAHAHAAA! Just kidding) Not sure what you mean here, but maybe you're talking about the small figurines of Don Quijote/Sancho Panza I have on my computer case facing the camera .

And yes, my apartment COULD use a woman's touch, but I'd simply prefer having a woman IN my apartment. What kind of touch?? Frilly curtains? Lacey doilies? A Precious Moments display case? (YECH!) I like my apartment sparse, spartan, and simple. You know, other than the maps of Madrid, Spain, and the bulletin board over my computer desk I have absolutely no wall decorations (other than the clock on the far wall).

Thank goodness you can't see the kitchen! I almost ONLY clean when I expect visitors... which is almost NEVER. Believe me, if my ladyfriend lived with me the apartment would be spotless ALL the time (you know, she's Spanish! heheehee).

Saludos, MadridMan

#58311 - 11/27/00 11:32 AM Re: new coffee table?
Jen Offline

Yes, it was your Spanish dollies I saw. I suppose it's easier to have your apartment that way so when they call you for that job offer in Spain, you can pack up in a hurry and rush out there!

#58312 - 11/27/00 12:11 PM Re: new coffee table?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

I have to concur with your assessment of doilies and precious moments figurines, bleeeeeech!

I do find the image of MadridMan sitting shirtless in his apartment, playing dolls pretty darn amusing.

By the way, is it wrong of me not to like lladro? I never could get into that cr*p, even though it is Spanish.

#58313 - 11/27/00 12:14 PM Re: new coffee table?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
LladrO is very bourgeouis. Most espanyoles don't seem to be as invested in it as North Americans... they prefer real ceramics from Puente de Arzobispo, granada, etc etc

I hate lladrO myself!

#58314 - 11/27/00 03:04 PM Re: new coffee table?
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
I think Madridman should decorate as the people in spanish villages do. First, the jamon serrano and a few chorizos hanging on the kitchen. Then the small bull and the doll dressed as a dancer on top of the TV. A big cross over the bed and a picture of La Virgen de la Macarena in the guest room.

#58315 - 11/27/00 10:32 PM Re: new coffee table?
Jen Offline

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one here who can't stand Lladro! I must say, that I refrained from saying so before b/c I thought I was going to be attacked!

#58316 - 11/27/00 10:37 PM Re: new coffee table?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

HEY!! Enough of this Lladro discussion!! Let's get back to talking about my bare chest on MadridMan's LIVE Cam !! HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAA!!

Saludos, MadridMan (oh sheesh!)

#58317 - 11/27/00 10:46 PM Re: new coffee table?
Jen Offline

Yeah, it's too bad that it's not hot out any more so we could be entertained by MM's oh so manly torso! Can't wait til next summer!!

#58318 - 11/27/00 11:03 PM Re: new coffee table?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I pray you really are a female, Jen! hehehe... Yes, the cold Ohio weather is here and those shirtless days at the MadridMan pad are months away.

#58319 - 11/28/00 10:55 AM Re: new coffee table?
Jen Offline

Not to worry MM, Yes, I am and I also happen to be married, so no worries there. Not that there would be anything wrong with that...(any Seinfeld fans out there?)

#58320 - 11/28/00 11:40 AM Re: new coffee table?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Yup. Got that. And if I eat all that jamon serrano and choriza as Nuria suggests all the while NOT exercising AND ONLY sitting in front of this darn computer I might just need a MANzier by next summer. (another Seindfeld reference)

Saludos, MadridMan

#58321 - 11/28/00 12:17 PM Re: new coffee table?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Now THAT would be a hell of a picture for the web cam. Yikes.

#58322 - 11/28/00 01:19 PM Re: new coffee table?
Jen Offline

...or a Bro! Maybe you should let your hair grow long too!

#58323 - 11/28/00 05:55 PM Re: new coffee table?
alejandro Offline

Loc: Texas
But be careful about shaving your chest for next summer. You will never achieve symmetry. (more Seinfeld)

#58324 - 11/28/00 06:27 PM Re: new coffee table?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Yeah, and remember, too, that there is GOOD naked and BAD naked (more Seinfeld): NO CROUCHING when slicing that hanging jamon....

#58325 - 11/28/00 06:40 PM Re: new coffee table?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

no running out into the living room after a cold shower. shrinkage (seinfeld). don't wanna ruin that manly reputation you got goin.

#58326 - 11/28/00 06:53 PM Re: new coffee table?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

well, you could always string up the chorizo and jamon IN the shower, and prepare meals in there! (more Seinfeld)

#58327 - 11/28/00 09:24 PM Re: new coffee table?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

poor MadridMan.. have we made mockery of you? We have you sitting shirtless and erratically shaved in your shower eating sausage with a MANzier on - playing with dolls.

Oh the sacriledge..

[This message has been edited by Nicole (edited 11-28-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Nicole (edited 11-28-2000).]

#58328 - 11/28/00 10:31 PM Re: new coffee table?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

BWAAAAAA!! I'm so ashamed!!! <sob!sob!> Hahahaha!!! Look what you've all reduced me to! Speaking of coffee tables, I think I'm going to close down MadridMan.com and make a coffee table book....ABOUT COFFEE TABLES!! And, I'll make it with little legs that fold out so it'll stand up by itself. Hahhaaa!! (more Seinfeld stuff -- I know we could go on for years with this)

Saludos, MadridMan

#58329 - 11/28/00 11:41 PM Re: new coffee table?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

MM, that was good! and then we could have a SHOW about you making coffee table books... everyone who comes into your apartment would have to be interviewed for the camera (another Seinfeld)...

#58330 - 11/29/00 05:01 PM Re: new coffee table?
alejandro Offline

Loc: Texas
Great summary Nicole, but it does make for a scary image ! MM, if the coffee table idea doesn't work, I recommend getting the Merv Griffin talkshow set to spruce up the view!

[This message has been edited by alejandro (edited 11-29-2000).]

#58331 - 12/12/00 06:02 AM Re: new coffee table?
MunchiMike Offline

Loc: San Francisco, California, U.S...
I just watched you do a little dance you little cybernymph and you are the cutest thing!!.....hhmmm,..coffee table,..mmmm..... you are good young lady, how could you ever not just flow into your destiny by gravity??...Rev. Mike

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 926 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments