Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#58206 - 11/06/00 10:05 AM Impressions of Madrid and more....
ilanit Offline

Loc: Tel Aviv, Israel
Hi everyone,

Well, my name is Ilanit and I´m from Israel. I came to Madrid on October 9th. I register from Israel to Enforex language school. I studied spanish for a month and I lived in a shared flat of the school. Well, for the begining I think this arangement is good-you´re setteled for the start !
Anyway, my plans were to come to Madrid for few months, maybe even a year. I wanted to find a job that would cover my living costs and then I can keep on studying.
What can I say?
As for school- it´s a good school, very nice staff, and pretty good acommodation.
Last weekend I had to leave the apartment and they let me stay there without studying. (of course I´m paying for that!)
As for job- I can´t find anything ! well, I sort of trusted what Elina wrote in this forum about a place of telemarketing that deals with non-spanish speakers. The problem is that they moved and I can´t contact her or the company !
I also tried to contact the Israeli embassy and the Jewish community, but so far they have nothing to offer me.
So, right now I have a huge problem- I realy would like to stay in Madrid- the city is great! Night life here is great (so many disco-bar, bars, pubs, etc.), so many places to see (museums, parks..), so many nice people, such a great language ! I realy want to stay and keep on studying !
I even found some vegeterian restaurants! (with the help of members from this forum)
The problem is that I need a job and a place to live in.
If anyone could help I´ll be more than happy.
Some details about me: I´m 28 and I´m a physiotherapist. I speak hebrew, english and a little spanish.
I´ll apreciate any help, thanks in advance- Ilanit.

P.S- If someone needs any information, I´ll be glad to help.

#58207 - 11/06/00 11:02 AM Re: Impressions of Madrid and more....
Ana Offline

Loc: Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
Hi Ilanit,
i really wanna know more about ENFOREX. I´m thinking about doing a 2 week course in january and i´d like to do that one that includes trips and visits to museums...
Anyway, i´m not planning to stay at their acommodations, so i´m just interested in informations about the school.

Thanks

#58208 - 11/06/00 12:49 PM Re: Impressions of Madrid and more....
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello ilanit! So sorry to hear about your situation. I can't say I'm surprised. This is what I've been saying all along that it's VERY VERY difficult to find work (legal or otherwise) in Spain if you're a local OR a foreigner.

And you say you can't contact Elina about that telemarketing company because they've moved. I'm not surprised about this either. Does everyone remember Elina's " work in Spain " thread about the UNnamed telemarketing company for which she ONLY gave a telephone number?

Ilanit, can we assumed you called the telephone number again? Is the number disconnected? And you've emailed Elina without getting a reply?

It saddens me to hear that some people can get other people's hopes up, get them excited about the possibility of working in Spain, they drop everyone on the trust and the word of others that "it's easy to find illegal work in Spain" and then they go and there's nothing to be had. VERY sad.

I wish I had answer for you, Ilanit, but I really don't Maybe others will. Maybe something will fall into your lap and you'll be "Happy In Madrid". Have you read through the other/older threads in the "Working In Spain" forum about finding work in Madrid?? There are MANY! Maybe it will give you some leads.

Best of luck. I hope you'll find something soon. Please let us know here how things are going with your search.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58209 - 11/07/00 09:14 AM Re: Impressions of Madrid and more....
ilanit Offline

Loc: Tel Aviv, Israel
Hi Ana,

Details about Enforex in Madrid: well, the school is o.k. There´s no plan that includes trips, museums ,etc. It goes like this: every weekend the school offers a trip to one place (toledo, barcelona, cordova- this weekend is to morrocco for example..) You need to pay for this trips, each time you want to take it. (the prices are relatively cheap). The school also arranges visits in museums in the middle of the week- but everybody here (from the students) will recommend you to go by yourself.
As for the teaching methods and level in school- well, it depands on the teacher you get. I wonder- what level are you ? 2 weeks is not such a long time...
If you need more details in any subject you can ask me. (you can use my e-mail if you wish).
Hope I helped, Ilanit.

#58210 - 11/09/00 11:42 AM Re: Impressions of Madrid and more....
Ana Offline

Loc: Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
Hi Ilanit,

i´ve studied spanish for 2 yrs and a half and I just want to go to a spanish course to meet people. Is this Enforex good for that?
I think i can do good with my spanish since it´s very similar to portuguese...
So, how long are you staying in Madrid? And how long will you be studing spanish at Enforex?

Thanks

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments