Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#58100 - 10/20/00 02:39 PM LAUNDROMATS?? (Madrid)
Alana Offline

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
Hi Message Board!
Does anyone know about laundromats in Madrid? Prices? Whereabouts? When they are open? This is a last minute thought before I leave in TEN DAYS!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo excited! Oh! And thank you so much MadridMan for your journal. It made me even more excited than I am already!
Alana

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#58101 - 10/20/00 02:59 PM Re: LAUNDROMATS?? (Madrid)
Balise Offline

Loc: Oregon, USA
Yes, I know where there is a laundromat in Madrid; but I have that information at home. I am at work right now. But I'll get back to you on it. It was very close to the Prado, on a narrow residential street.

#58102 - 10/20/00 04:14 PM Re: LAUNDROMATS?? (Madrid)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Alana - don't know how long you will be in Madrid but if it is only to visit - pack a small plastic bottle of concentrated detergent and some of the Spray 'n Wash packets. (the kind you wipe on the spot and it comes out - sort of like handi-wipes in individual packets). That way you can wash/clean what you need and not spend time doing laundry ... Have a great trip!

[This message has been edited by Puna (edited 10-20-2000).]

#58103 - 10/22/00 11:20 AM Re: LAUNDROMATS?? (Madrid)
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
My experience in Spain is this. ASK around in the neighborhood where you live where the lavanderia de ropa is, and if you are lucky, it will be one of those places where you hand over a HUGE plastic bag stuffed full of all your clothes; they wash them, fold them, and return them in a day for a really cheap amount of money. I did all my clothes this way in Salamanca and Santander. In Madrid i've used the do-it-yourself. but prefer the "drop off and run" method!

#58104 - 10/22/00 11:23 AM Re: LAUNDROMATS?? (Madrid)
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
PS, I agree that for under 2 weeks the best method is bringing those small bottles of detergent (I bring dishwashing liquid-- i can do the clothes AND the dishes both!!) and spray-and-wipes. If you need to do wash, take light, easy drying synthetics.

#58105 - 10/22/00 06:50 PM Re: LAUNDROMATS?? (Madrid)
Balise Offline

Loc: Oregon, USA
There is one laundromat on the same street as Hostals Gonzalo and Cervantes, on Calle de Cervantes.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments