Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58063 - 10/14/00 08:03 AM Finally I meet the famous MadridMan!
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
Arrived late at El Brillante, with my friend José El Duende, and finally met the famous Madrid Man! What a nice guy! I took a shining to him immediately. Also had the honor of meeting his friend, Nuria. What a nice (and exceptionally beautiful) woman! Saludos to Madrid Man! You are in VERY good hands here indeed! I just wish you had more time so I could hang out with you more! Well, next time, ok? We had to leave early (rats) as don José had to sign some contracts and so we reluctantly said our good-byes. Not enough time! Madrid Man, if you read this before you leave, give me a call so we can at least talk a bit before you go! Oh, and "¡Muchas gracais por la fiesta! Es muy bueno." My recommendation to everyone: if you ever get the opportunity to meet this guy, jump at it!

#58064 - 10/16/00 05:44 AM Re: Finally I meet the famous MadridMan!
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
You wouldn't be his mother in disguise by any chance? !Ay mi ninio!

[This message has been edited by El Boqueron (edited 10-16-2000).]

#58065 - 10/18/00 08:42 AM Re: Finally I meet the famous MadridMan!
Martín de Madrid Offline

No relation, just "encantado, de il."

#58066 - 10/20/00 01:10 PM Re: Finally I meet the famous MadridMan!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Martin was a lot of fun and I'm happy to now know him too. He shows up at around, oh, 9:45pm wearing all black including a long, black-haired ponytail (the rest of his hair was green.... JUST KIDDING!). Martin was a fun addition to the group and has an obvious passion for Spain much like I do. We got along very well. Hopefully I'll see you at the next Party With MadridMan!

Very sincerely, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58067 - 10/22/00 06:19 AM Re: Finally I meet the famous MadridMan!
Martín de Madrid Offline

MadridMan is Kind! I don't have enough hair on my head anymore to sport a ponytail (like in the good old days. . . Wait! THESE are the good old days!), or else I'll have whatever he was drinking! I think we got along so well because we do have the same kind of passion for Madrid. My dream is to find a woman from here, marry her and get a dual citizenship, and live the rest of my life here! ¡Viva Madrid! (One of these days I'll be a Senior Member!! Oh, the dream!)

#58068 - 10/22/00 05:56 PM Re: Finally I meet the famous MadridMan!
ilovemadrid Offline

Loc: Hawaii
Are Americans allowed to have dual citizenship (Spanish/American)? I heard that it wasn't possible (??) - if that's true, does anyone know why?

#58069 - 10/22/00 06:12 PM Re: Finally I meet the famous MadridMan!
Martín de Madrid Offline

I am not sure if it is possible or not. If not I would be extremely tempted to go for Spanish citizenship and leave Amerika permanently. I receive disability from the SSA but could probably find a way to make money here, since the Spanish love art and painters. I have heard it is possible to have dual citizenship with USA/Ireland (my sister was married to an Irishman and used to have hers, maybe she still does). I am sure there might be a way around about anything.

#58070 - 12/11/00 05:48 PM Re: Finally I meet the famous MadridMan!
MunchiMike Offline

Loc: San Francisco, California, U.S...
Martin and gang, all I've heard is that if you have dual citizenship you'll be liable for taxation in BOTH countries, and you know the IRS will never forget THAT!!.....Rev. Mike

#58071 - 12/11/00 07:43 PM Re: Finally I meet the famous MadridMan!
connie Offline

I do not think taxation is normally a disadvantage for persons with double nationality.
I do not know exactly how the American tax system works, but as far as I know most countries apply the principle of residency for taxation and even if you are a national you are not subject to taxation if you always lived outside your state's territory and have no income in your state.
Anyway, I know Americans who have dual nationality, it is definitely legally possible. It is fairly easy if you are born with double nationality, for example if you are born in the US and your parents are Spanish. However, in order to become a naturalized citizen later, many countries require you to give up your original nationality-you have to check the Spanish law in this regard. Anyway, you do not automatically lose your American citizenship just by getting the naturalized citizen of another state unless it is presumed that your intention was to give up allegiance to the US. For the US law on double citizenship, you might want to check http://www.webcom.com/richw/dualcit/
Usually, you do not acquire your spouse's nationality with the marriage (it used to be more frequent for women in earlier times), but you get the right to reside and work in the respective countriy which after a few years of residence turns into a right independent of the continuation of your marriage. So, your life in Spain could be secured without becoming a Spanish citizen.

#58072 - 12/11/00 07:49 PM Re: Finally I meet the famous MadridMan!
MunchiMike Offline

Thanx for the inptu on that one Connie, the whole affair certainly gets complicated after we fall in love doesn't it!!??,,,,,,,Rev. Mike

#58073 - 12/11/00 09:02 PM Re: Finally I meet the famous MadridMan!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You can say THAT again, MunchiMike!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58074 - 12/11/00 11:53 PM Re: Finally I meet the famous MadridMan!
MunchiMike Offline

Thanx for the input on that one Connie!! The whole affair certainly gets coplicated after we fall in love , doesn't it?!!....Rev. Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments