Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5802 - 06/15/03 10:32 AM Madrid:Dangerous N.of GranVía?
Señoritalin Offline

Loc: New Jersey
saludos. this is my first post on madridman's board. I am going to madrid on wed. and just realized (have been quite busy) that my accomodation is located north of Grand Via which i have read can be rather (hate to use the word) "dangerous". i picked this apartment because it is budget cost ( it is a studio). I have been to madrid total of four times and know my way but was wondering if anyone could respond and tell me if i am fearing needlessly. Thank-you so much. I appreciate any responses i get.
Senoritalin.

#5803 - 06/15/03 05:48 PM Re: Madrid:Dangerous N.of GranVía?
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
Ummmmhhhh half of Madrid is north of Gran Via, you are talking about a big chunck of the city. It depends on which part you are, there are different neighborhoods in that area.

Andrés

#5804 - 06/15/03 06:50 PM Re: Madrid:Dangerous N.of GranVía?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
If you can give us the address or at least the street or nearest metro station we can tell you more about the area. smile

Plus, dangerous is a relative term. There are few (if any) truely dangerous places in Madrid. I can't think of any right now. Maybe some areas at night might be considered "less safe" than others but probably still wouldn't be labeled as "dangerous".

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5805 - 06/15/03 07:07 PM Re: Madrid:Dangerous N.of GranVía?
Señoritalin Offline

Thanks so much for the responses. Yes, i changed my lodging again, ugghhh. The address i was referring to in my post is where i will be.
The address is San Vicente Ferrer and nearest metro stop is Tribunal. It also says for street: c/v a Fuencarral, 79. Apartamento Municipal also known as Apartamentos Tribunal.
Thanks you so very much for your help. Senoritalin.

#5806 - 06/15/03 07:52 PM Re: Madrid:Dangerous N.of GranVía?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

You can SEE your address in photos (5 to choose from!) as well as a map location on the QDQ.com site HERE . According to QDQ.com, your address is IMMEDIATELY next to or in front of the Tribunal metro station so that's quite convenient for you. As for the area, I think others can give you their opinions about it better than me as I don't know it well. I believe, however, that it's a BIG nightlife spot. Correct, madrileños?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5807 - 06/15/03 09:51 PM Re: Madrid:Dangerous N.of GranVía?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

[originally posted by Señoritalin on 06-15-2003 09:10 PM]

that is so neat to see my place already. thank you so much!!!!! I am sure i will be fine. Not a big nightlife person but am sure i'll enjoy the accomodations. Hope some madrileños respond about area. Thanks again.

#5808 - 06/16/03 12:42 PM Re: Madrid:Dangerous N.of GranVía?
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
Ummmmmhh Tribunal...... one of the snobby discos is there---> Pacha. Somewhat a bohemiam gippie district. Not specially unsafe, avoid crossing parks at night and don´t walk by yourself from 3 am to 9 am. Avoid barco and ballesta streets and area although they are not close to Tribunal. If you happen to be there on the 27 and 28 take into account that Chueca (the gay and lesbian district of Madrid) will be celebrating its existence and Chueca is a few steps from Tribunal, you will hear the music ;-)

Andrés

#5809 - 06/16/03 05:15 PM Re: Madrid:Dangerous N.of GranVía?
ABP Offline

Loc: MADRID
I don´t like Apartamentos Tribunal very much.
For that rate you can select other areas :Barrio de Salamanca,Arguelles,Plaza de España,Diego de Leon street .

#5810 - 06/16/03 06:00 PM Re: Madrid:Dangerous N.of GranVía?
Señoritalin Offline

thanks much for all feedback!!!!!!

#5811 - 06/17/03 01:10 PM Re: Madrid:Dangerous N.of GranVía?
Jonathan23 Offline

Loc: NJ
Hello All,

I'm going to be staying at the Apartamentos International on Luis Cabrera by Calle De López De Hoyos & Calle Del Príncipe De Vergara, can anyone provide some feedback on this aparthotel or the neighborhood? Hopefully I like the my hotel choice...sure wish I had found out about this site before I made my hotel reservations. Thanks!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments