Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#57955 - 10/12/00 09:02 AM Morning after the night before (blues)...
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Woke up this morning ...Well, here I am for another day of work, grey skies overhead, floods in the south of England, winter on the way... Can't help wondering how that MadridMan Party went (and how nice it would be to stroll down the Paseo Maritimo in Malaga for lunch at Miguelito El Carignoso... gambas a la plancha, una de rosada, y a beber? )

I think it's a bad case of those Spanish Blues. !Ay de mi! What do you do when you've got it bad?

"Yo no tengo la culpa,
Que la culpa es de la tierra"

#57956 - 10/12/00 11:55 AM Re: Morning after the night before (blues)...
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
oh so sad. when i get the spain blues, i shake my waterglobe that has the puerta de alcala in it and say "soon, very soon" i also dance flamenco and i feel at one with my country.

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98/homepage.html?957296168010

#57957 - 10/12/00 01:03 PM Re: Morning after the night before (blues)...
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
El boqueron-
For years I've been trying to figure out the rest of that lyric-
"que yo no tengo la culpa, que la culpa es de la tierra, y que solo que me sale,....

what is the rest of that line!?
god I love that song!
Jen

#57958 - 10/12/00 01:53 PM Re: Morning after the night before (blues)...
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
El Boqueron,

We are upto our necks in rain in the north west of England, but I'm off to Madrid on Sunday from Liverpool. A little late for the party but I might well bump into Madridman, since I think he will still be there.

Looking forward to Sunday...............

#57959 - 10/13/00 06:06 AM Re: Morning after the night before (blues)...
El Boqueron Offline

Thanks for the responses! I feel better already!

MissM. yep, dancing flamenco is the best. I used to do that in London. However I only got as far as the sevillana before we left London and now I can't find a flamenco class!
I loved going to that class.

Jen. The words are originally from the play Bodas de Sangre (Lorca). I think they're spoken by Leonardo to La Novia. I have the song too. I love it. I think it goes..

Yo no tengo la culpa,
Que la culpa es de la tierra,
y del olor que te sale
de los pechos y las trenzas

I have the song on a record of flamenco arrangements of Lorca's poetry. It's wonderful and I recommend it to everyone!

Steveaqui - well, I'm jealous. My wife and I often travel from Liverpool (easyjet) too. We've already got our flights booked for
Malaga, 29th December. I can't wait. Have fun in Madrid! We were there about a month ago and had a fantastic time.

Pero bueno, a trabajar! Ah spreadsheets...let me count the ways I love thee!

#57960 - 10/13/00 12:01 PM Re: Morning after the night before (blues)...
Jen Offline

Boqueron-
Thanks for the words. I have it on Blues de la Frontera- Pata Negra. I thought it had sounded familiar, as I had read Bodas de Sangre in college. I love that song. I'd love to hear the other flamenco version (as opposed to the pop flamenco version). Can you tell me the name of the album. I'd really love to hear it. Thanks-
Jen
By the way, isn't it funny when you think words of a song are one thing and they are completely different!?

Have a great weekend-

#57961 - 10/17/00 06:34 AM Re: Morning after the night before (blues)...
El Boqueron Offline

Hi Jen - the version I have may be pretty similar, as it's by Pata Negra. Anyhow the record is called "Los Gitanos Cantan a Federico Garcia Lorca" and it's on PolyGram Iberia. It came out in 1993 and I bought it(I think) about 3 years ago. I don't know if it's still available. It's got some great tracks, including Manzanita singing "Verde"
Que te quiero verde, ay, ay
Yo que te quiero verde, si, si.

#57962 - 10/17/00 12:37 PM Re: Morning after the night before (blues)...
Jen Offline

thanks, I'll try to get a hold of it

#57963 - 10/20/00 10:24 PM Re: Morning after the night before (blues)...
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
In honor of missmadrid's water globe, I've taken my miniature Puerta de Alcala away from its home next to the Tower of Pisa and the Giralda and put it on top of my computer monitor. Muy pronto estare alli. Pata Negra, I have that CD. Si tu te vas, si tu te vas, yo me quedo en Sevilla . . .

#57964 - 10/23/00 12:33 PM Re: Morning after the night before (blues)...
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
the last song on the "los gitanos cantan federico garcia lorca" that is sung by esperanza i believe, is like my favorite song in the whole world. that is the most beautiful song ever. I always play that song at home and practice my flamenco technique to it, just moving very slow, it's so beautiful, that is a great record recommendation, i really like it alot.

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments