Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#57836 - 09/23/00 01:00 PM NFL in Madrid??
twolf21 Offline

Okay, I know this question sounds as American as possible, but I'm looking for the best place to watch NFL footbal games on Sunday in Madrid. Also, does anyone know if there is a satelite service I can get at the apartment I will be renting that picks up the games??

[This message has been edited by twolf21 (edited 09-23-2000).]

#57837 - 09/25/00 12:51 AM Re: NFL in Madrid??
Catherine Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.
Great question...allow me to echo it with a desperate inquiry as to where in Madrid I can watch baseball playoffs this October. The World Series will actually be in the middle of the night there, but surely some American bars will be showing it? Any ideas for both of us (American) sports fans?

#57838 - 09/25/00 10:14 AM Re: NFL in Madrid??
twolf21 Offline

Catherine,
Last year, I watched the Superbowl at the Hard Rock Cafe, but it was much earlier than the baseball games. Let me know if you find out any info on either sport. Go Mets!!

#57839 - 09/25/00 11:54 AM Re: NFL in Madrid??
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
well Canal Plus would be the satalite station you would need to watch these games. also keep in mind the time difference. i watched the basketball championsips in spain last year, and the owner of the bar let us stay till 4:00am watching the game, it's just finding somewhere open to let you stay and watch the game.

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98/homepage.html?957296168010

#57840 - 09/25/00 01:13 PM Re: NFL in Madrid??
Catherine Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.
Twolf21, I appreciate your enthusiasm...but perhaps we should watch the baseball playoffs together to even out the sides...one of us rooting for the Mets....and the other one cheering for the Braves!!!! YEAH GO ATLANTA!

All in good fun, Twolf21. I couldn't resist.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments