Unfortunately, my short visit to Madrid has come to an end and I am back home now. Madrid, was far nicer, safer, friendlier etc than I had expected and I am delighted now that I picked it as a holiday destination.

During my stay in Madrid, myself and my girlfriend stayed in Hostal Persal . The location of this hostal is excellent. Located just off Plaza Santa Ana. it is in a great location for sight seeing. It is within easy walking distance of all the main attractions and has an abundance of good bars, restaurants and night clubs only seconds away. For this reason the streets around the Hostal are always busy and well light and as a result safe.

The Hostal itself has a big lobby. There is staff at reception 24 hours a day. Most of the staff have excellent English and were extremely helpful. The room was basic, larger than I had expected, very clean, has important facilities like on suite Bathroom, safety box, television (with CNN and Eurosport). The room was cleaned every day and was spotless throughout my stay.

Included in the quoted price of the hostal, was tax and breakfast. To my surprise breakfast was worth getting up for each morning. There was a good selection of cereals & breads. To drink there was fruit juice (orange and graph), tea or coffee.

The only negative aspect of the Hostal, was it was inclined to be a bit noisy at night. On a few occasions I was woken by groups coming in from the nightclubs and once by the person in the person in the next room showering at 6:00 am in the morning.

All in all, I was very pleased with the accommodation and would hope to stay there again on my next visit to Madrid.

Thanks for all the information available on this web site. It meant that we had a great holiday. Great site MadridMan.

Signing off for now,
Seán.