Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#57696 - 10/05/00 01:28 PM Re: Why do yo like bullfights?
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
I agree with the last post but as I said previously the horses involved are not following their instinct when being charged.
They stand in place blindfolded and as I understand it with their vocal cords cut-out.

#57697 - 10/05/00 03:09 PM Re: Why do yo like bullfights?
cantabene Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
Steve, I agree. The treatment of the horses is pitiable. That was the impression I got at my very first bullfight many years ago--and I have never had reason to change it.
Cantabene

#57698 - 05/13/07 09:32 PM Re: Why do yo like bullfights?
Uki Offline

Loc: Madrid
Bullfighting is torture, not something you can like or dislike. It's not culture, most people seeing this are completely illiterate. It's not art, because art doesn't need to harm any animal.

People enjoing that are sick. They are as sick as people enjoying dog fighting, cock fighting...
This kind of people are the same that would go to human decapitation, hanging, lapidation, they also like blood and has no respect or sensibility.

Don't buy pets, adopt them

#57699 - 05/14/07 06:58 AM Re: Why do yo like bullfights?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Uki, we all respect your opinion but here you may not "flame" those whom feel differently from you.

Please respect the life choices of other people - no matter what that may be. If you feel those other people are walking down an ill-chosen, wrong, or immoral path then choose to HELP THEM instead of publicly persecuting and denigrating them. It's like trying to convince supporters of one political party that theirs is the worst and your political party is the best. You can try to educate people but you won't win much support by telling them how bad and immoral they are.

This/Your sort of behavior here on our message board is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Consider yourself warned. Future postings such as these will be removed immediately and your membership revoked. Here, we practice discussion without attacks.

Definitions:

per·se·cute (pûrs-kyt)
1. To oppress or harass with ill-treatment, especially because of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs.
2. To annoy persistently; bother.

den·i·grate (dn-grt)
1. To attack the character or reputation of; speak ill of; defame.
2. To disparage; belittle: The critics have denigrated our efforts.

I must admit that I was hesitant approving your message board membership request after seeing your profile details, concerned something like this would come of it and, well, it seems I was right. You could've simply posted on tourism matters and all the while made your "personal statement" obvious by your always-visible signature file and (had you chosen to insert it) website address.

HELP instead of ATTACK.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57700 - 05/14/07 03:34 PM Re: Why do yo like bullfights?
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
I love bullfighting and when yound was a trainee rajonero at La Monumental of Ventas Madrid!
its a tradition deep rooted in Spain, an Art form. Some do not like it, never understand Spain anyway. Many do and are not even Spaniards.
You must tolerate,the world is diverse; we included.

#57701 - 05/14/07 04:04 PM Re: Why do yo like bullfights?
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Darn!!

After seeing my first cockfight in the Philippines, I kind of liked it. Now I feel horrible. laugh I enjoy watching the bullfights on TV in Madrid but have never had the opportunity to see it live. I'll have to try next time.

What in the world is lapidation? Or am I better off not knowing?

Lopping a head off and combining lopping + decapitation? confused

#57702 - 05/14/07 08:26 PM Re: Why do yo like bullfights?
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
I just looked it up. Lapidation = stoning. No, I don't think I'd care for that.

That's a far-cry from bullfighting.

#57703 - 07/09/07 09:11 AM Re: Why do yo like bullfights?
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I have been to one bullfight, and watched a few on TV, and have been trying to get past my natural dislike of it. I believe that it would be a lot fairer without the picador. I think it is him that really kills the bull, that huge spike that gets pushed in so far. After that the bull is really on his last elgs, and everything afterwards is just cosmetic. I do kind of enjoy the spectacle, but would like it a lot better without the picador.

#57704 - 07/16/07 05:15 PM Re: Why do yo like bullfights?
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
Been to a couple of bullfights, I was told there was a social scene to it, Also there's a strong sense of tradition.....never the less... it is gruesome, gave me a reason to drink.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments