Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#57666 - 08/31/00 04:30 PM when is a member not a member?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
MM-- CONGRATS on being near the 400 person membership of your phenomenal site. But, what about those people who become members, post a time or two, and never appear again? We need a NEW category: inactive members! really, it would be good if the # of members reflected the # who have posted in, say, the last 3 months. Your system could delete them after then and they'd have to sign on anew. Don't all beat up on me now! Just a thought!!! rgf, the professor with at least 3 forks (but where!)

#57667 - 08/31/00 04:48 PM Re: when is a member not a member?
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
And why don't you build a section where we can send our "very best collection of pictures of Spain"? Okay, I know that we are overwhelming, but wouldn't it be neat if we could post our vacation pictures?

#57668 - 08/31/00 05:25 PM Re: when is a member not a member?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
and our best recetas de cocina!! we already have tips for tortilla and paella.... I'll volunteer huevos a la flamenca!

#57669 - 09/01/00 12:56 AM Re: when is a member not a member?
Rubia66 Offline

Loc: Webb City, Missouri USA
Awwwwh hell Madrid Man, why don't you just move us all to Spain, get us all profitable jobs, cheap accomodations, and open up a night club that has a pool, and a spa, and maybe we can all go nightcrawling together...
If you say it.... we will come!
Five forks for Madrid Man!!!

#57670 - 09/01/00 06:02 AM Re: when is a member not a member?
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Yeah, and my roof needs fixing...

#57671 - 09/01/00 09:35 AM Re: when is a member not a member?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Award for best idea of the year goes to Rubia66!!! Come on, MM - what do you say? The spa part was particularly appealing. Bet some of us would even help with a roof -

#57672 - 09/01/00 10:50 AM Re: when is a member not a member?
Rubia66 Offline

Loc: Webb City, Missouri USA
How many people can you fit in a hot tub at one time anyway??? Hey, we're all family here right? The more, the merrier! Wasn't there a swinging 40ish professor in another thread looking for a good time? Hey, hey....
I'm in on fixing the roof if it will get us all to Spain! I believe that Madrid Man could get a hell of a group rate for flying us all there, and think of the frequent flyer miles!!!

#57673 - 09/01/00 07:46 PM Re: when is a member not a member?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Seeing as how I'm not really here, but in fact out-of-town and typing to you on an elementary school's classroom Macintosh, I probably don't really need to reply at this juncture. hehehee.. BUT, since I AM, in fact, typing to you from New Mexico (flew here last night and will stay until Monday morning -- this will be my last entry..probably until then), I've chartered a Concord Jet (one of those out-of-service ones -- got it DIRT cheap!! hmm... I wonder why??) and it leaves for Madrid from NYC tomorrow morning! I'll take whomever meets me at the airport.

Nuria, you have a great idea for an area for people to post their vacation photos. I have thought to do this before and someone here even mentioned it (maybe it was you?), but the sad fact is my web server does not have unlimited hard drive space. I have a lot, but I fear this message board has raised the amount used significantly already. I might just UP my limit, pay a little more per month, and do something like this, but this poses some problems. Some people, when not totally familiar with their scanners, often scan their photos to a HUMONGOUS size, like 400kb or even save them as bitmaps which can be 1mb alone. It wouldn't take many of these photos to fill a struggling web server. To do this, I would have to first accept them, resize them myself, and upload them again to the website. This would take a lot of time and I'm stretched as it is, unfortunately. I'm sure you can believe that some people have sent me entire photo albums of photos of their spain trips and monopolized my modem for hours while downloading all these photos which I didn't even ask for. They obviously sent them via a DSL or cable modem while I have a pokey dial-up connection.

I love the recipe idea! This would be simple text and could even be done here on the message board! Hmm.. sure, it could, but imagine all the fluff that would be added 'around' those wonderful recipes. Hmmm.. now that's something to think about.

I really don't think there's any way to manipulate the message board code to delete members who haven't posted in X-number of days. If there was, their associated posted messages might be deleted too and we don't want that.

400+ members and counting!, MadridMan

(sorry, I don't do roofs. hehehe)

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 09-01-2000).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57674 - 09/01/00 10:03 PM Re: when is a member not a member?
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
What about windows, do you do windows? This site is Awesome MM, congrats on having 400 members! About that inactive list...how about we call them, "less active"? That way those that come back into the fold dont feel like they were completely lost? How about if we all email one "less active" member and tell them how much we miss their posts! Then we'll be one big happy family! And then we can all get together, go for a drive in a big caravan of school busses and, like, buy ice cream, or something. What do ya think?

#57675 - 09/02/00 09:38 AM Re: when is a member not a member?
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Okay, I have the answer to all our questions, let's go to get together in a hotel that has a hot tub (don't forget to call the teacher), we can share our pictures and recipes, we can put some money together to buy a house in Madrid (a big one), we plan how to build our own language school so all of us will have a job there, and as a gift for Madridman and his efforts we give him a new server. And if we need visas no problem I will ask my parents to adopt all of you (I cannot, I am too young to have children), I bet they will be happy to have 400 new children.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments