Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#57664 - 09/04/00 10:11 PM Re: Should Antonio go to the US / UK?
sheba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
Antonio,

I think everyone had some really good suggestions but I thought I'd add my two cents about the midwest in America. I know that in Minnesota (where I live)there are tons of jobs in the technical trade and that there is a pretty good transportation system. Of course, it is also pretty cold up here in winters but it would be a stunning and exciting change from Spain.

The education system here is amazing too, so that base is covered.

I also thought that the suggestions for Austin were great and it made me think about all of the hispanic immigrants coming into the Midwest.

I am certain that with the immigration explosion of hispanic peoples here in even smaller cities that there is a need for a bilingual technically skilled person. That is to say, you would probably be paid more in a situation where you have more than just your technical skills to offer.

Just a thought.

#57665 - 09/15/00 03:00 PM Re: Should Antonio go to the US / UK?
Mike B Offline

Loc: Edimburgo
Antonio, I recommend Edinburgh in Scotland as a place for a thriving, cosmopolitan lifestyle, and a real shortage of skilled IT staff. It is not the cheapest place to live, but the quality of life is excellent, and I have known many people who came here on a temporary basis who decided to stay permanently. I have never known anyone express a dislike for living here.

Getting IT work is very easy depending on your skillset. There is also much work for those who have native fluency in languages other than English. To get short term (lucrative!) contract work there are a number of agencies that are very successful.

The largest computer services and hardware company in the world has just advertised a significant number of becas for two years IT postgraduate university study for such native speakers.

If you want more information, drop me an e-mail (¡prefiero que me escribes en español porque necesito practicar!). I have worked in the computer industry for over 20 years and I should be able to give you enough leads to get you going.

Mike B
isi_f@telepolis.com

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments