Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#57586 - 08/25/00 08:36 PM What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
WHOA! Did anyone catch that "momentary" change of our 'desginations' of "Member" and "Junior Member" to "Spanophile" and "Tourist"?? I've had some negative feedback so I've changed them all back to their original designation and ask your opinion about what it should be. I was hoping to make things more fun, more interesting, more descriptive for "our" kind of message board.

So what do you all think we should RE-name (if at all) "Member" and "Junior Member"?? Your opinions are valuable to me.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57587 - 08/25/00 08:55 PM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Sorry to upset you, Shawn/rgf. How 'bout "Spanophile" and "Junior Spanophile"? The "Junior Spanophile" name is prettye long, but I think it could world. Or maybe "Spanofilito"????? Spanophile-In-Training"?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57588 - 08/25/00 08:55 PM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Madridman,

Thanks for your swift action to elimate the aforementioned titles. I hope the collective minds of our messasge board bretheren can resolve this dilema . Maybe, "veterans" and "neophytes" or perhaps no change at all is needed. I am sure some of the more creative voices on the Message Board will offer terrififc ideas.

Gracias,

Shawn
"Junior Member"
never a "tourist"

#57589 - 08/25/00 09:49 PM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
ok, here are my suggestions! they would replace junior member/member. member/senior member visitor/resident

#57590 - 08/25/00 10:37 PM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Rgf,

Great recommedations! visitor beter describes the casual message board poster; whereas, Resident beter describes those who are adding information and comments on a regular basis. Great insight as always, MadridMan would be well served to utilize your ideas.
Thanks,

Shawn

#57591 - 08/25/00 10:46 PM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Keep those suggestions coming. But can't we come up with something Spain-related for Members and Junior Members? How about "Spanophile" and "Junior Spanophile"?

Saludos, MadridMan

#57592 - 08/25/00 11:48 PM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
Wendy E Offline

I'd like to be designated as "tia legal". I liked being called that.

#57593 - 08/26/00 03:12 AM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
davej Offline

Loc: Nerja, Málaga, Spain
¡¿Adultos y niños?!

#57594 - 08/26/00 06:21 AM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
For beginners: Bronce?
Then: Plateado (for those who have travelled to Spain at least 2-times or who have lived in Spain for at least a year)?
And, for the senior citizens: Dorado?
Of course each would also be available in the fem. gender (i.e., Plateada y Dorada).
Just a thought.
Eddie (Platino)
Just noticed: MadridMan had a similar set of names that came to him in a dream about the time my message was posted - this is scary!

How about 'Socio?' It translates to either Associate or Partner (either of which might be appropriate). It can also be either gender (Socia or Socia). It should be some Spanish term and I would try to avoid compound titles - they get too confusing.

Principiante y Veterano?
Novillero y Torero?

[This message has been edited by Eddie (edited 08-27-2000).]

#57595 - 08/26/00 08:24 AM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
(don't know if this came thru already) I vote NO to anything junior. How about Member and Senior Member? I don't like Spanophile, either, because etymologically it would have to be Iberophile, a bit obscure... I stick with Visitor and Resident. You Neruda (ok, CHILE) fans will think of Residencia en la tierra. Or maybe we should all be gatos madrilenyos!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments