Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#57606 - 08/27/00 06:25 PM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hehehe.. Good one. Instead, how 'bout

ON THE TERRAZA and the other being CAMINANDO POR LA CALLE (yo te dí)?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57607 - 08/27/00 08:09 PM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
MM, in Spain it has to be ANDANDO por la calle! jejejej.

#57608 - 08/28/00 01:08 AM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
Rubia66 Offline

Loc: Webb City, Missouri USA
Is there a location that we can go to so that we may check our status? I know that there is a 30 post rule, but just wondering where I stood. How about forks? You know like great restaurants?? One fork for 1-5 posts etc...
Just an idea. Didn't want to be a junior forever!

#57609 - 08/28/00 06:53 AM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Rubia66, yes, if you click on the little face with a question mark to its right - to the right of your time/date posted (or next to ANYONE'S posting) you'll see how many messages were posted as well as the profile of that person. It seems you have 36 messages posted so you're no longer a Junior Member anyway! You're now a.... umm...

rgf, REALLY? I'm not so sure about that...but you could be right. I swear my madrileña ladyfriend uses "caminando" as well. Above, I was referring to that Gipsy Kings song "Caminando Por La Calle". Anyone know it? It can be found on the Cantos de Amor CD.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57610 - 08/28/00 09:11 AM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Ok ok - 'nough of this. I, for one, DON'T want to be a fork, a Michelin star, a tourist (that was the worst)or a senior member(if I ever get to 30 emails - thanks MM for telling us how to find this)- I would rather live with the label of "junior whopper" than senior member. Something about "senior" just doesn't seem to apply to the mind sets of current members - junior or senior. And, before cries of age discrimination start - I am NOT referring to the cronoligcal age of any member.

MM - you hold the title of boss, moderator, head honcho, creator and organizer - and you opened a can of worms here. But, it's still your site - you can elect to call us just about anything .... but please, please, please, not a fork or a tourist!!!

[This message has been edited by Puna (edited 08-28-2000).]

#57611 - 08/28/00 10:21 AM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi Puna! What? You don't want to be a FORK? Well, how 'bout a HANGING HAM or a good bottle of Vino de la Mesa?? hehehe...

I think you're right. I DID open a can of worms. And without that fork I can't enjoy them the way I'd hoped. I'm inclined to just leave things as they are. But, if you all have other suggestions, maybe we'll hit on something everyone will like.

#57612 - 08/28/00 11:38 AM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Honestely, I don't like Spanophile, it sounds like a "taco" o "palabrota"

#57613 - 08/28/00 11:45 AM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
MM, I definitely caught that GK reference, and I even started humming the song in my head! BTW, en vez de "yo te dí", isn't it, "yo te ví"? Anyway, good tune, and it makes me think of when I studied in Sevilla. Also, although andando is primarily used, they also use caminando too. Maybe it is used more in reference to hiking, like caminando por el campo, o algo así.Re: the designations, like you said, what about pata negra y serrano?

#57614 - 08/28/00 11:56 AM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Jen, regarding the GK reference, I'm listening now.. I always thought it was "Caminando por la calle yo te dí", but you're right, it sounds more like "Caminando por la calle yo te ví" -- which makes A LOT more sense.. (I'm showing my lack of proficiency in Spanish). Maybe the GK remade this song...that it was a latin-american song originally??.. For this reason they use "Caminando" and not "Andando" like rgf said?? Anyway, it's one of my favorite songs on that "Cantos de Amor" CD --- GREAT CD!!

Saludos, MadridMan

#57615 - 08/28/00 12:04 PM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
It's also on Mosaique, which is one that I have. -also a good cd! Music is a great way to learn/improve language skills, don't you think!? Have a good one...

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments