Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#57306 - 04/15/08 09:12 PM Madrid Community Forest Rangers-> Permission to enter land...
Agente Rural Offline

Loc: Canada
Hello folks, I've heard that because of a silly court ruling, Community of Madrid Forest Rangers cannot enter private land without the permission of the landowner?

This is non-sense, of course a person who is breaking the law is going to try stop Officers from entering their property to investigate violations of the law, if the person knows there is not much the Officers can do to enter their land...

Here in Ontario (Canada), Enforcement Officers like myself are free to enter anyone's land or business at anytime to ensure compliance with environmental law (except we cannot enter someone's house without permission or a warrant from a Judge, with good reason, as people are entitled to some privacy)...

I watched a news program showing a Private Guard refusing entry to some private land to two CM Rangers...If that happened here in Ontario, I could charge the Private Guard and whom ever hired the guard, and the Provincial Police could suspend or revoke the Guard's license...

I hope CM Forest Rangers regain their power to enter land without permission; for a place so susceptible to forest fires, the Ranger/Officers need broad authority to protect the environment !

#57307 - 04/16/08 05:07 AM Re: Madrid Community Forest Rangers-> Permission to enter land...
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I totally agree with you on this Agente Rural ! I hadn't heard about this story but I am sure most of us living here in Madrid would not be surprised at all . Spain has a lot of catching up to do in terms of law enforcement and municipal red tape . I wonder if any of the Madrileno members of MadridMan have heard about this ?

#57308 - 04/16/08 05:34 AM Re: Madrid Community Forest Rangers-> Permission to enter land...
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
News to me too. My neighbour is involved in the protección civil (I think it's called) who are basically a group of volunteers who give up their time to assist the police, ambulance crews and more relevantly for this post the fire services.

I know in past Summers he has been involved in fire fighting, next time I catch him I'll ask him and try and post back.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments